Discord ( Join us! )

Stats

Humans Wereshifters Skinwalkers Fae Dragon Vampire Lilin Witches
1 ♂ · ♀ 3 9 ♂ · ♀ 10 2 ♂ · ♀ 2 1 ♂ · ♀ 1 5 ♂ · ♀ 1 4 ♂ · ♀ 1 0 ♂ · ♀ 1 3 ♂ · ♀ 3

Welcome

No Word Count // 3-3-3 Rating

Dead Before Daylight is an Alternate Universe Urban Fantasy role play in a world where supernatural creatures and humans exist side by side – at least, some of them do. Creatures like witches, pixies and satyrs live and work as openly as any human. They commonly hold positions of power in government and are afforded every right and protection.

Other creatures are not so lucky. Those believed threats to humankind and other benign creatures are still persecuted and oppressed. Beings like vampires and werewolves are still forced to live largely in hiding, as they are not afforded the protections of law.

Such blacklisted creatures have created a haven for themselves in the small city of Dawnbreak; but their sanctuary is becoming increasingly threatened by the arrival of outsiders. In the meantime a menacing power is lurking in the forests and increasingly beginning to threaten the town as people begin to go missing, and mangled bodies are beginning to be discovered in and around the woodlands.

Staff

Dragon
Brenda
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Raihin At Dusk, TAGS: See Within
The tray momentarily forgotten on the table, the fox whipped her head around to glare at Seth when he swore under his breath. It wasn't the profanity that caught on her frayed nerves, but the apprehension she thought she heard underneath it.

"How many creatures 'like that' have you faced before?" she hissed back. It was uncalled for and probably a by-product of her cagey demeanor around the witch. Nonetheless it was uncalled for and she gasped no sooner than it was out of her mouth, literally swallowing the rest of the syllables with a pained noise. "Gomen..." she offered quietly and turned her eyes back to the windows.

Taking a few steps around the coffee table and approaching the glass she paused a foot away, staring hard at the distant shadows of the trees lining the shore below...

The calm British accent broke the silence, making Shinju withhold her natural jerk as she startled. Sighing out her breath slowly through gently parted lips, the kunioichi closed her eyes and gathered herself back up in front of the audience. She would be a respectful host and would not let her personal feelings influence her performance.

"Please tell me what you would suggest..." the albino answered Vital, turning away from the window. Her spine was straighter and she held her hands in front of her waist within the sleeves of the robe.

Morrigan DragonBlue

David responded to the question of how many instead of Vital, because of the group he was the only one that had actually killed a Wendigo. "Three," he said gruffly. "One when I was thirteen and on a hunt with my mom," he said. Unfortunately for the woman, Wendigo's were a young man's gambit which meant that he'd have to get Damian and Derek on it instead.

Vital smiled up to the woman she returned to the group. "There are some trinkets and things that they avoid, a symbol of sacred land. I brought some that I figured we could put up around your property to deter it. You'll have to stay away from it, because regardless of sacred, if it smells good it'll come but it's the best I can do for you."

DragonBlue Mindy G

The Human gentleman replied to her momentary outburst, speaking up that not only had he killed three of the abominations but that he had been doing so from his teenage years. It was impressive and made Shinju curious about the family itself and where Alice fit into that sort of heritage.

So far she had met three relatives of the woman and her estranged father was the most palatable for the fox.

In David's direction she nodded, a silent acknowledgment that she approved. Out of the corner of her eye she could still see the witch draped over Kurenai-which appeared to give her no difficulty as she went on to explain about 'trinkets'.

"Rest assured," she replied to the British magic-slinger. "I will not seek the creature out."

She had other battles to worry about...

"What do you need from me to equip the house?" Shinju prompted. She would have preferred to cover her land as well, but with the concept that the items were not as reliable as wards she narrowed her scope.

Morrigan DragonBlue

"That's a little close, don't you think?" Vital asked leaning in to nuzzle Red a little. "I've already placed some but I'm not exactly a hunter so," she shoved the bag with the other trinkets. "Set those on trees around your property."

DragonBlue Mindy G

Shinju deliberately did not look at the public display of affection, trying to resist grinding her back teeth again. That sort of display was quite frowned upon in her culture. Unless you were a paid-for whore.

She busied herself inspecting the contents of the bag, reaching in and pulling one of the trinkets out to inspect it in her hold. It was enough of a distraction that she became less frustrated by the tangled bodies on her lounge...

"Mn. Why these items in particular?" she wanted to know.

Morrigan DragonBlue

From where he was standing next to his uncle, Seth was almost pointedly attempting to ignore Red and Vital. His gaze lingered on the bag Shinju was rifling through and the items she removed every so often.

Red himself didn't seem to mind the gesture, though there was no sort of reciprocation. He too was listening to the conversation exchanged, partially wondering why their presence had been requested at all.

Morrigan Mindy G

Had Alice been there, the whole thing would have made sense but since she wasn't, this was all a mass of testosterone and Vital.

"Like I said. They mark a sacred place. The Wendigo avoid it."

DragonBlue Mindy G

"Mn." the albino hummed as she placed the effigy back in the bag. "...Arigatou."

Shinju had been raised within the Shinto religion- as had every other member of the Fujiwara-No-Daichi clan since birth. Small talismans called ofuda were common within the walls of the shrine, polished metal emblems inscribed with the name of the powerful kami the temple was dedicated to. When she had been a little girl she had carried the paper ofuda her mother had painted, the beautiful calligraphy marking Konohanasakuya's name herself...

Therefore it made enough sense that she did not question the instructions further.

Instead the fox let out an indistinct noise, perhaps a sigh of relief and padded quietly out of the living area, her socked feet naturally hushed. She paced one lap around the twelve-seat dining table near the base of the stairs leading up to the more intimate areas of the house. When she came back towards the nearest armchair she laid her white hands upon it and looked at the others with her red eyes glittering on the edge of the firelight.

"May I ask for any volunteers to accompany me outside?" she asked, her eyes straying over to Kurenai where he sat under the form of the svelte Englishwoman. She managed to keep it down to a cursory glance and as a result she glanced sidelong at the Human man as well to disguise the interest.

Morrigan DragonBlue

When he caught her gaze Red stretched his legs out briefly while nudging Vital's off of him so he could stand, "Sure," he murmured, just glad to have something to do rather than sit and listen. Once on his feet he jerked his head for his brother and son to follow as he made for the door.

When they were outside Red's first move was towards his truck. He pulled down the tailgate and jumped up, using his foot to push two rifle cases towards the foot of the bed, "Was sort of hoping one of us might get to take a shot at the thing. Just for shits and giggles," he explained as he jumped back down to open them up, glancing at Donnie as he snapped the first open, "didn't know you were coming."

Mindy G Morrigan

Shinju tried not to smirk inside her mouth as the deputy untangled himself and stood from the sofa- inwardly she was quite pleased to have disrupted the distasteful display.

She joined the three men after nodding in thanks for the witch (and again trying not to smile). As she draped the haori that had been hanging on the stair banister, the albino glanced at the Human, hoping he too would come, if only so she could see what he was capable of.

Picking up the bag that had been unceremoniously indicated by Vital, she held it in front of her in both hands and slid her feet into a pair of ballet flats by the door...

Outside the air was getting bitter and the beige long coat layered over the kimono and blouse barely saved the chill from settling into her chest. She slid her hands into the wider sleeves of the robe and approached the truck where Kurenai was already climbing into the bed. Her red eyes latched onto the cases as they were slid to the edge. And then she looked right at Donnie, although she spoke to the other werewolf:

"Ah, what an good idea..."

That remark shed a little more light on the look she had given him inside- Fujiwara was still annoyed at the older wolf for refusing to sell to her. And the little white princess was slow to learn how to deal with being told 'no'...

DragonBlue Morrigan

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates Tidewater High Wait & Bleed