Discord ( Join us! )

Stats

Humans Wereshifters Skinwalkers Fae Dragon Vampire Lilin Witches
1 ♂ · ♀ 3 9 ♂ · ♀ 8 0 ♂ · ♀ 2 0 ♂ · ♀ 0 4 ♂ · ♀ 1 2 ♂ · ♀ 1 0 ♂ · ♀ 1 1 ♂ · ♀ 2

Welcome

No Word Count // 3-3-3 Rating

Dead Before Daylight is an Alternate Universe Urban Fantasy role play in a world where supernatural creatures and humans exist side by side – at least, some of them do. Creatures like witches, pixies and satyrs live and work as openly as any human. They commonly hold positions of power in government and are afforded every right and protection.

Other creatures are not so lucky. Those believed threats to humankind and other benign creatures are still persecuted and oppressed. Beings like vampires and werewolves are still forced to live largely in hiding, as they are not afforded the protections of law.

Such blacklisted creatures have created a haven for themselves in the small city of Dawnbreak; but their sanctuary is becoming increasingly threatened by the arrival of outsiders. In the meantime a menacing power is lurking in the forests and increasingly beginning to threaten the town as people begin to go missing, and mangled bodies are beginning to be discovered in and around the woodlands.

Staff

Dragon
Brenda
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

the devil's backbone
Despite Logan's persistent "whining," he wasn't someone who was in the practice of babying himself. Even when he was forced on bed rest, he didn't abide by it hardly at all. Should he have stayed still and allowed his body time to heal? Probably, but he was a busybody, and he wanted to get back to work as soon as humanly possible. Harper had, by that point, reached a happy medium with the girls, which left Logan up to the proverbial home plate. He would bet his bottom dollar that Harper's method in taming his wild (and arguably stupid) daughters had involved a lot of threats and power plays. He sighed and shook his head, making a note to have Harper trim his hair, preferably before he started looking like Shaggy the Dog.

He rounded the corner and winced when he came into view with the stables. In all the hubbub, he'd momentarily forgotten about his poor horse. Until that shit with Ophelia, he would ride religiously on weekends and during the night and when he couldn't ride, he made damned sure to lunge the poor bastard every morning before work. Much like Joey, he looked forward to the grooming sessions, which reminded him... He needed to see about getting Joey a horse, provided Seth wasn't already sick and tired of the boy. Pinching the bridge of his nose momentarily, he made his way to the stables and ducked inside. He made a beeline for Shaytan's door, pausing only when he caught a whiff of the vet. A slow smile curled his lips, although he said nothing, until he was closer.

He leaned up against the stall door, eyes twinkling mischievously. "So, what're you doing to scar my poor horse this time?" He drawled with a lighthearted chuckle. He was still a bit gunshy about certain things but, for the most part, he kept his darker shit under lock and key. He made eye contact with the hulking beast, albeit briefly, and shook his head. "How much will I owe you for this visit, doc?" He wasn't even sure he had his wallet handy, truth be told...

DragonBlue

Rylee had been at the stables most of the day doing the usual checkups on the Redfords' animals, and a few of their boarded stock that were also due. Most of their animals were well behaved and easy to work with, but a few of them were as temperamental as the family that owned them could be. Shaytan was one of them.

He wasn't a bad horse, per say, but he was certainly an asshole. Fortunately Rylee had donned a thick sweatshirt before coming into the stall because the gelding had already bitten her twice, "You're lucky they've already cut your balls off," Rylee muttered as she checked over the animal's hooves.

She was picking out a small chuck of gravel when she heard a familiar voice, "You should be asking what your horse is doing to poor me," Rylee answered the older man, looking up to flash a smile at him, "just a check up and a few vaccinations today. It'll cost about the usual. Although I should start tacking on a biters fee for this one," she scowled towards the horse.

Logan Black

Logan started to grin. "They're just love bites." He said with a twinkle in his eye, as he slid into Shaytan's stall and lightly rubbed the gelding's nose. "Stop biting her, you old bastard..." He murmured, ensuring the horse kept his eyes on Logan, rather than on Rylee. "I wouldn't like the vet much, either, if they'd chopped my balls off..." He chuckled, unable to help himself.

DragonBlue

"It's not too late for that Mr. Black," Rylee smirked up at him as she crouched down to begin feeling her way up the horse's leg, making sure there were no signs of inflammation or anything being amiss. Unsurprisingly everything appeared to be fine. Most of the animals at the stable were in top condition.

Logan Black

"Aww, shucks... Flirting with me, already, doc?" He smirked, resting his head lightly against Shaytan's and closing his eyes. "I think you owe her an apology, boy. You made her mad at me..."

DragonBlue

Rylee finished checking the leg and moved back to his hind quarters to check his hooves, "He's looking good so far," she informed as she worked, "all his vitals are good. He'll need a visit from the ferries soon, though, his shoes are getting pretty worn."

Logan Black

He nodded his head, making a mental note to call the farrier. "Let me grab my checkbook..." He hummed, stepping outside of the stall and keeping it open just enough so she could slip out. "You're more than welcome to follow me back to the house if you want." He offered.

DragonBlue

"I've got to give him his vaccinations real quick," Rylee said, moving to where her kit was sitting off to the side. She'd already prepared the syringes so it was a simple matter of retrieving them and swabbing down the injection site with alcohol. She was quick about it for fear Shaytan might whip around and take another nip at her, but with Logan standing there the horse didn't pay her too much mind.

She capped the needles and carefully slid them into the disposal container she carried on such jobs, tucking it away into the box before closing everything up and standing, "Lead the way," she told Logan, "I need to drop the invoice off for Red anyway."

Logan Black

"I'm sure pop will be thrilled." He said with a twinkle in his eyes as he made his way toward the house. "So... Out of curiosity, are you doing anything Friday?" He was mostly healed, apart from the occasional twinge here and there and truth be told, even if that wasn't the case, he would be up and about. Still, it was nice to be able to breathe the crisp air without worrying about somebody hounding him to get back in bed and rest. If he never slept again, he'd be content.

DragonBlue

Rylee watched him from the corner of her eye after the question, "I don't have anything planned," she answered with a light shrug. Since she'd come back from school her life had taken a turn for the boring. Most of her friends that hadn't left town after school were married with kids, so by default Rylee usually didn't have anything to do.

At least, nothing she wanted to do. It was pretty lame being invited out to dinner to listen to your friends gush about their kids or complain about their husbands until the subject inevitably turned to asking when she was going to settle down and marry.

Logan Black

His eyes twinkled mischievously. "What a coincidence. I don't have anything, planned, either... So, how about a trip to Corinth? We could grab a bite, catch a movie..." He shrugged. "No expectations, just fun."

DragonBlue

Rylee looked at him for a moment, a little caught off guard. Logan had always been flirty but he'd never seemed to express much interest beyond that. Still, he was an incredibly attractive man... and she'd always been a little curious about what it might be like to be with an older partner with more experience under his belt, "Sure," she answered, "I was actually just thinking this morning that I need to get out of this town a little while," she grinned.

Logan Black

He languidly draped his arm over her, pulling her close with a little grin to match hers. He watched her for a few moments, head tilting slightly. "Any particular movie you'd like to see? If not, I'll probably wind up picking something trashy." He chuckled quietly, unable to help himself. Her pheromones tickled his nostrils, admittedly, so he knew vaguely what was on her mind. Even so, he wouldn't act too rashly (ie, think with his dick).

DragonBlue

Her gaze flickered towards the hand that ended up draped over her shoulder. He was a bold one - but that was fine. It'd make getting to the end goal easier.

"The new Deadpool movie is supposed to release on Friday isn't it?"

Logan Black

He shrugged. "My kids would know more about it, honestly." He said with a chuckle. Truthfully, having been laid out the past couple of weeks, he needed to get caught up on current events and the like. "If that's what you want to see, though, it's a date." He winked.

DragonBlue

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates Tidewater High Wait & Bleed