Discord ( Join us! )

Stats

Humans Wereshifters Skinwalkers Fae Dragon Vampire Lilin Witches
1 ♂ · ♀ 3 9 ♂ · ♀ 8 0 ♂ · ♀ 2 0 ♂ · ♀ 0 4 ♂ · ♀ 1 2 ♂ · ♀ 1 0 ♂ · ♀ 1 1 ♂ · ♀ 2

Welcome

No Word Count // 3-3-3 Rating

Dead Before Daylight is an Alternate Universe Urban Fantasy role play in a world where supernatural creatures and humans exist side by side – at least, some of them do. Creatures like witches, pixies and satyrs live and work as openly as any human. They commonly hold positions of power in government and are afforded every right and protection.

Other creatures are not so lucky. Those believed threats to humankind and other benign creatures are still persecuted and oppressed. Beings like vampires and werewolves are still forced to live largely in hiding, as they are not afforded the protections of law.

Such blacklisted creatures have created a haven for themselves in the small city of Dawnbreak; but their sanctuary is becoming increasingly threatened by the arrival of outsiders. In the meantime a menacing power is lurking in the forests and increasingly beginning to threaten the town as people begin to go missing, and mangled bodies are beginning to be discovered in and around the woodlands.

Staff

Dragon
Brenda
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

keep strong and carry on, ft. clay
She knocked lightly on the door to announce herself before pulling her key out of her pocket and letting herself in. She meandered through the house, scrunching her nose slightly. "Clay?" She called out softly, her brow beginning to knit. "I haven't seen you in a bit, and I was getting worried." She offered, not even sure if he was here or not, but feeling worried all the same.

DragonBlue

It was the middle of the day, but Clay was still lying in bed; an uncharacteristic behavior. He wasn't doing much more than staring at the wall when he heard his front door open, shortly followed by a familiar voice. He looked towards his bedroom door, stomach sinking and twisting. Clay had spent the last few days barricaded inside his home, ignoring the outside world and wallowing in self pity - and he looked the part, scruffy and unkempt.

He listened to the sounds of Avery's footsteps as she moved further into his home, but he didn't answer her calls for him. Maybe if he stayed quiet she'd assume he wasn't there.

Avery Frost

Avery sighed and set his mail on the table. She hadn't opened it, so it wasn't technically a federal offense... Right? With a slight crease in her brow, she also set her bag on the table and sank into one of the chairs. Was it particularly comfortable? Not really. "I'm not leaving 'til I know you're okay." She called out, her voice dripping with a saccharine sweetness that was oddly fitting.

DragonBlue

Clay sighed roughly. He knew she wouldn't.

"I'm fine," he finally called out, "just fuck off please."

He didn't want her to see him like this.

Brenda

Her eyes narrowed marginally. She hadn't heard from him in days, and this was how he greeted him? She was going to leave but instead, she moved towards the sound of his voice.

Her fingertips trailed lightly along the wall as a thoughtful frown marred her expression. "I'm not leaving until I see you're really okay. I need more than verbal confirmation, and... I'm worried about you, Clay..." There was a soft, unspoken plea in her words.

DragonBlue

"God damn it," Clay muttered to himself. He heaved a hassled sigh and slumped further into the mattress. There was a gap of silence as he waited to see if she would leave if he just ignored her.

It didn't work.

Finally he forced himself up. The lack of feeding had left him exhausted. His limbs felt heavy, and as soon as he was on his feet Clay wanted to crawl back into bed. In spite of that he dragged himself to his bedroom door and pulled it open, finally emerging to walk to where Avery was standing at the end of the hall.

"What?"

Avery Frost

She softly tutted when she saw him, her brow knitting slightly with what seemed to be concern. "You look like shit, Clay... What happened?" She asked quietly, moving forward to rest her hand gently upon his cheek. She didn't necessarily want to be the concerned mother hen, but somebody had to look out for him... Right? Might as well be her. "What do you need? And don't even think of saying you want me to leave you alone." She said with a quiet, little huff.

DragonBlue

The smell of her was a temptation he found himself struggling to rein in. Clay clenched his jaw as her palm settled against his cheek, resisting the urge to turn his head and sink his teeth into her wrist.

"I must be coming down with the flu or something," he answered quietly, "I just need to sleep it off."

Avery Frost

She quirked a brow but said nothing for a few moments. "... Has anyone ever told you that you're a horrible liar, babe?" She inquired with a hint of concern in her dark gaze.

DragonBlue

"Just you," he lifted his hand to settle over hers and forced a smile, "I just need to rest up."

Avery Frost

She sighed quietly, moving to lean into him. "With good reason, it would seem." She said with a soft chuckle, reaching up to brush her lips over his. "If you're sick, we both have it now, so there's no point in me leaving." She was stubborn, if nothing else, and her concern for him was becoming steadily more apparent. "It's not good for you to coop yourself up in this place with no company, anyways... You might turn into a wildling." She teased, though the humor didn't quite reach her eyes and barely managed to put a dent in her dimples.

DragonBlue

"Stubborn as ever," Clay muttered as he leaned his head down against her, "you do remember you have children to look after," he smiled while running his hand up her side - still trying to convince her to leave and go away from him where she would be safe, "can't be spreading my plague to them love."

Avery Frost

She shrugged and offered him a wicked, little smile. "Might as well put the sub to work... Pretty sure a sub can't screw up play time and what little education they get." She purred, slipping her arms around his neck. "But seriously... What's really got you down? I know it's not the flu and if it's a secret, I promise not to tell anyone... Take it to my grave and all that jazz." She said softly, peering quizzically into his eyes.

DragonBlue

"I'm just not feeling myself," Clay shook his head. He knew he couldn't tell her the truth, "I don't know what's wrong, babe. Like I said I think I just need to sleep it off."

Avery Frost

She sighed quietly and bit down gently on her lower lip, still not wanting to give up the fight. "At least, let me stick it out with you and take care of you?" She asked quietly, lowering her head to rest against his chest.

DragonBlue

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates Tidewater High Wait & Bleed