Discord ( Join us! )

Welcome

Supernatural beings have long been known in this world. Many exist, and even rule, among humans.

There are others still persecuted.

Staff

DragonBlue
Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

diggin' a grave
He wasn't thrilled about being woken up at assfuck in the morning to go and sit with some mook that had been dumb enough to get his ass thrown in holding. If you were to ask Logan, no snatch was worth time served. With his mood foul and his sleep disturbed, he made his way in the station. While he was exhausted, yes, that didn't mean he didn't look his best. Anyone that knew him well enough, however, would know that he was anything but his best. On his way out of the interrogation room, after making small talk with the arresting officer, he caught sight of a familiar face but rather than make a beeline for him like he normally would have done, he sank onto a bench and pulled out his phone to fiddlefuck with it, shooting Seth a text message.

DragonBlue

Seth was on the tail end of a double shift he'd pulled to cover for another officer as a favor. Unfortunately it had been one of those randomly eventful nights. He felt like he'd been run all over town and back again three or four times over.

He was at his desk staring at the reports he was supposed to be proofing for submission, but at that point he was a little dead on his feet so he kept reading the contents without registering what it said, catching himself and having to start over. So he didn't even notice when his older half sibling came into the station. It wasn't until he distractedly reached for his phone to read the message that he looked up and spotted Logan.

Grateful for the distraction, Seth pushed his chair back and crossed the station, "You look like you're having a bad morning to," he observed.

Logan Black

He watched as his younger brother approached and as his words sank in, he shrugged and gave a wolfish grin. "I've had better mornings, and I've had worse mornings... All in all, pretty average." He stood then to greet his brother properly. "And how are you doing?" He asked, gaze flicking towards the desk Seth had occupied previously.

DragonBlue

"Tired," Seth smiled faintly, "ass end of an eighteen hour shift and then I've gotta be back in a few. Trying to decide if I'm even going to try and go home or if I'm gonna just step over to the fire station and crash on one of their bunks."

Logan Black

He chuckled and shook his head. "How about I take you home after putting some food in you? You look like you could use some breakfast... and maybe, some warm milk." The last part had been moslty in jest. Surprisingly, even he, who was gunning for even higher heights, had a sense of humor.

DragonBlue

"Actually, yeah," he laughed, "been one of those shifts with no break so I'm starving," Seth grinned, shifting his weight to one side and glancing off down the hall, "so that brat's family got you coming in to clean up after him?"

Logan Black

He shook his head and smiled fondly. "You're a pain, dude... but name the place." He hummed, acting like he hadn't just offered to take him out for some food. "More or less... if it's not one kid, it's the other. If it was pop raising them, he woulda beat some sense into both of 'em a long time ago." Apparently, because he'd gotten Harper off scotfree all those years ago, everyone and their cousin simply assumed he would be able to do the same for them. It paid the bills, at least, even if he didn't necessarily get them wholly outta trouble.

DragonBlue

"Yeah, well, I mean you say that," he laughed, "but I still put the old man through a lot of grief even with him trying to kick my ass into line," Seth shook his head and laughed softly, "anyway it looks like they're ready for you so I'll catch you on the way out."

Logan Black

He blinked and shrugged. "The kid can stew a while. What's the worst his family will do? Fire me?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes. "Family comes first and you, my friend, need to get some food... some sleep... and a decent shower, by the smell of you..." He was joking about the smell, though it was hard for him to tell. The precinct held many smells, after all.

DragonBlue

Seth glanced back towards his desk, "I guess I could get away with finishing the last of it when I come back for my next shift," he said a little hesitantly, "probably a better call right now. I'm so fried I keep having to read shit three and four times before it finally clicks for me."

Logan Black

He shrugged and clapped him lightly on the back. "Take it with you if you can. At least, that way, pop can't accuse you of slacking." He mused, slinging his coat over his shoulder and texting one of his associates to come and handle the situation with the kid.

DragonBlue

"I don't see how he could accuse me of slacking," Seth rolled his eyes, "anything extra needs to be done around here he peddles off on me so it doesn't look like any kind of favoritism is going on."

Even so, though, Seth went back to his desk to grab the reports he wasn't done with and stuff them into a folder before coming back to walk outside with Logan.

Logan Black

He smirked, watching his brother walk away. "Good boy." He said plainly when his brother returned. "So, where to for breakfast? I hear that mom and pop place is still doing early bird specials, and I happen to have a twofer..." Had he seriously just said that? For fuck's sake.

DragonBlue

"Fuck, Logan," Seth laughed aloud as he fell into step beside his brother, "are you already that fucking far over the god damn hill? What now, are we gonna go get the ol' fashioned so you can bitch about too much honey dew in the fruit cup?" he grinned as he antagonized his sibling.

Logan Black

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled somewhat wryly. "Well, as exciting as my life is, I don't exactly have something to keep me coming back home. As accepting as the family is, I'm neither a Redford or a Black. The fucker who raised me made that abundantly clear." He paused for a moment, pushing his thoughts far from his mind. "... In any case, the early bird specials were something I used to do with my kids until... Well, you know... Hell, I'm sure anyone in Dawnbreak with half a brain knows..." He shook his head and chuckled a bit morosely.

DragonBlue

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates Tidewater High