Discord ( Join us! )

Stats

Humans Wereshifters Skinwalkers Fae Dragon Vampire Lilin Witches
1 ♂ · ♀ 3 9 ♂ · ♀ 10 2 ♂ · ♀ 2 1 ♂ · ♀ 1 5 ♂ · ♀ 1 4 ♂ · ♀ 1 0 ♂ · ♀ 1 3 ♂ · ♀ 3

Welcome

No Word Count // 3-3-3 Rating

Dead Before Daylight is an Alternate Universe Urban Fantasy role play in a world where supernatural creatures and humans exist side by side – at least, some of them do. Creatures like witches, pixies and satyrs live and work as openly as any human. They commonly hold positions of power in government and are afforded every right and protection.

Other creatures are not so lucky. Those believed threats to humankind and other benign creatures are still persecuted and oppressed. Beings like vampires and werewolves are still forced to live largely in hiding, as they are not afforded the protections of law.

Such blacklisted creatures have created a haven for themselves in the small city of Dawnbreak; but their sanctuary is becoming increasingly threatened by the arrival of outsiders. In the meantime a menacing power is lurking in the forests and increasingly beginning to threaten the town as people begin to go missing, and mangled bodies are beginning to be discovered in and around the woodlands.

Staff

Dragon
Brenda
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

just a little casual conversation, open
After having left his sister up to her own devices - because clearly she was mature and not at all a risk to her personal reputation (as was noted by her expunged, juvenile record) - he made his way to the Moonshiner. He felt kind of out of place in his current outfit but for the moment, at least, put it off. At least, he'd had the decency to go home and shower before reemerging into the light of the public. He sat at the counter, looking more like a wannabe lumberjack than the renowned lawyer that he was. Shrugging the thought off as best as he could, he ordered himself a shot of something strong and shitty.

"You know, you have terrible taste in liquors son," Red moved up to the bar stool beside the younger man and took a seat, glancing at the shitty booze Logan had ordered for himself, "I'd think you'd be able to buy a little higher of the shelf with that job of yours."

Logan Black

He shrugged and smiled impishly. "You would think, pops..." He knocked the shot back with a twinkle in his eyes. "Figured I'd get shitfaced fast and then cap off the night with some of that Old No. 7." Whiskey wasn't the be all, end all, but he would give his left nut in the desert for that particular swill. "How's life, love, and the pursuit of happiness treating you?"

DragonBlue

"It's been alright," Red shrugged while he signaled the bar tender for a round for the both of them, "met someone new so of course your brother's being a prick about it," he mentioned, referring to Seth, "which would be fine if we didn't work together. Little bastard."

Logan Black

He shook his head, the corners of his mouth upturning slightly. "I heard spankings usually work..." He said wryly. "In all seriousness, though, congrats... Considering my wife probably isn't ever coming back and I couldn't find her, I should probably think about getting back in the field soon." Oh, how he dreaded it. Dating had never been his strong suit but, perhaps, now, he wouldn't have lust dictating his every action... Or maybe it would be wise to sow his royal oats before even attempting to settle down again.

DragonBlue

"It won't kill you to get back out there," Red shook his head, "you were young. You'll find a better match out there and wonder what you were ever thinking," he said.

The bar tender came by and dropped the new gasses off. Red nudged one in front of Logan and pulled the other in towards himself, "So's your brother told you the news yet?" he glanced towards the younger man, "That you've got two nieces and a nephew on the way?"

Logan Black

He shook his head, swirling his drink around in the glass. "Remind me to kick his ass later for keeping me outta the loop, although... All things considered, can't say as if I blame him." He said quietly, knocking back the shot. "I've been an asshole to everyone, according to my darling sister... Hardly deserving of basic decency or so she says." Maybe Harper was right. His wife wouldn't have up and left with his children six years ago without just reason... Would she? Dropping his head into his hands, he started to rub his temple.

To think Seth was almost caught up to him, though, meant he was slacking. Still, four kids was enough and he wasn't even actually supporting them. He had no idea where to send money to and no number to call. His chest ached, just thinking about it. "I've been tracking her statements... And there's nothing. She just... Vanished, along with the kids. Some father I am, can't even find my damned family, let alone keep them..." He chuckled morosely at his own expense then, unable to help himself.

DragonBlue

"He's been keeping all of us out of the loop for the most part," Red answered, "doesn't think the family is going to want to accept his choice in partners... and he might be right. I'll admit I'm not exactly thrilled about it.

He shifted in his seat and took a long draw from his glass, watching Logan from the corner of his eye. After a few moments he reached out and clapped him on the shoulder, "They'll turn up. Eventually one of the kids is going to seek you out. You just need to keep your shit together until then."

Logan Black

His lip quirked. "Imagine that, us... disapproving... so, who is it?" He asked, setting his glass down after a few moments of contemplation. "I feel like Jon Snow... the bastard who knew nothing but was somehow destined for greatness." He chuckled and picked up a pretzel, popping it into his mouth.

He chewed slowly, nodding his head and after swallowing the dry as a bone pretzel, he eyed his father for a few moments. "I find it funny that you disapprove and yet, expect unwavering acceptance without question or complaint..." He shook his head with a faint twinkle in his eyes, bumping his shoulder lightly against Red's. "That aside... Out of curiosity, did you approve of my wife?" He was midway through reaching for another pretzel when he hesitated. "Regardless, maybe something will transpire that doesn't require me to file divorce proceedings..." Pity it was too late for custodial interference and kidnapping charges, although a selfish part of him had always hoped she would return.

DragonBlue

"I don't expect a damn thing," Red elbowed Logan sharply in the side, "you kids can think what you want and bitch about it all accordingly. I'm just not going to heed your opinions," he threw a smirk in Logan's direction, "anyway I'm your dad. You should be doing what I tell you to, not as I do," he chuckled as he intentionally tossed out the hypocritical old adage.

"And no, not really," he admitted, tone growing more serious, "your woman wasn't a good match for you son. The way she's done you proves that. Now Seth's girl... they actually make a good pair, if we're shooting straight. Its what her family does for a living that raises problems."

Logan Black

He didn't even blink when his father elbowed him. "Funny you say that after the fact." He retorted with a smirk and a shake of his head. "Honestly, I don't think I would have married her, had she not been pregnant..." Truthfully, he'd been in lust and had loved the idea of her. He had loved the fact she was a purebred who knew nothing of his past and wasn't related at all to the pack. He'd been too quick to sling one up her, so to speak, and while he didn't regret his children, he did regret marrying his cunt of a wife.

He closed his eyes a moment, shaking his head. "If it is who I think it is, there are worse peope he could get with, pop. Regardless of what her family does or does not do, for better or worse, she's one of us. Don't be so quick to hate on her because of her family, unless she and they prove worthy of that hatred." He shrugged and twisted off his wedding ring, slipping it into the pocket of his jeans. "Next round is on me... and then, perhaps, I should text Harper to check on her whilst I'm still sober and moderately functioning."

DragonBlue

"Like I said, they make a good pair. Not everyone in the pack is going to see it that way, though. That's what concerns me," Red admitted, "but no matter. It'll be something to figure out as we go along. So for now we drink."

Logan Black

His eyes twinkled and he shook his head. "Drinking, I can get behind... Especially after dealing with Harper for the better part of the morning." He loved his sister, truly, but to say the least, she was a pain. She used to idolize him and then, after his wife had left with the kids, she started to change. Women... You couldn't live with 'em and you couldn't live without 'em.

DragonBlue

"At least some matters stay easy," Red smiled as he raised his glass in an informal sort of toast.

Logan Black

"Only if you're into necrophilia..." He said with a laugh and a shake of his head. "In all seriousness, though... When am I going to get to meet your lady friend?" He inquired, glancing over at his father.

DragonBlue

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates