Discord ( Join us! )

Stats

Humans Wereshifters Skinwalkers Fae Dragon Vampire Lilin Witches
1 ♂ · ♀ 3 9 ♂ · ♀ 8 0 ♂ · ♀ 2 0 ♂ · ♀ 0 4 ♂ · ♀ 1 2 ♂ · ♀ 1 0 ♂ · ♀ 1 1 ♂ · ♀ 2

Welcome

No Word Count // 3-3-3 Rating

Dead Before Daylight is an Alternate Universe Urban Fantasy role play in a world where supernatural creatures and humans exist side by side – at least, some of them do. Creatures like witches, pixies and satyrs live and work as openly as any human. They commonly hold positions of power in government and are afforded every right and protection.

Other creatures are not so lucky. Those believed threats to humankind and other benign creatures are still persecuted and oppressed. Beings like vampires and werewolves are still forced to live largely in hiding, as they are not afforded the protections of law.

Such blacklisted creatures have created a haven for themselves in the small city of Dawnbreak; but their sanctuary is becoming increasingly threatened by the arrival of outsiders. In the meantime a menacing power is lurking in the forests and increasingly beginning to threaten the town as people begin to go missing, and mangled bodies are beginning to be discovered in and around the woodlands.

Staff

Dragon
Brenda
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Not Quite Déjà vu, Judas
Owen swallowed, visibly more and more nervous as Seth made his way to him. He stared as the officer looked at his card, waiting. And there it was. That look. "Please don't..." Owen started, but it was too late. The officer had already started...

Judas looked up from the card he held, looking over to examine it, and then looked to the boy who chanced a glance in his direction. At first glance, Judas was shocked. That the straight A student that was his grandson would be here... but then they all had their rough streaks didn't they? "I sure do. Owen Arveldis Callian, what the hell are you doing out here?" His tone came out harsh. Intentionally so as he stared at the boy who did not dare look him in the eyes. He wasn't sure what was worse, the embarrassment in front of his friends or the fact that he had to come home to Judas' house tonight and deal with him more later. Judas looked to Seth with a shake of his head, seriousness written on his face despite the fact that he wanted to just burst into laughter. It was so cute that Owen believed he wouldn't be noticed. And oh the fun he'd have with him later.

"This one we definitely need to take in to the station." Judas pointed with a scowl.

Seth Redford

Fortunately for the kid it was a first time offense, and other than a few packs of cigarettes they were all too young to have it didn't seem as though they'd done anything wrong other than skip school and trespass. The owners of the location probably weren't going to press any charges for that since they hadn't caught the kids vandalizing the place - at least not any further than it already was.

"Alright then," Seth nodded, going along with the stern demeanor, "should probably go ahead and haul the other three down to. I know these two at least," he motioned as he spoke, "have parents at work. I don't know about you but I'm too behind on my citation quota for the month to be hanging around here waiting for them to get off and pick them up."

Judas Callian

Just fought hard to avoid allowing a smirk onto his face. By the time they got home, in all likelihood Judas and the boy would be just find and little would come of it - Judas was sure that embarrassment was more than enough to deter Owen from trying this crap again. And, well, Judas felt for the kid. His parents had all but abandoned him and moved across the world, leaving the kid in Judas' care. He'd yet been able to remain made at the child.

"I'm probably not as behind as you, but yes and I am already going to be late for lunch." Judas agreed with him after checking his watch, a frown on his face as he looked to the group. He reached out to take Owen's ID before it could be given back to him and stuffed it into his pocket while the kid stared and bit his tongue not to whine and argue with his grandfather. "As soon as we get them to the station they are not our problem any more. So I say, we could drop them at the station, get some great lunch, and after that we can still fill our quotas in the time it would take their parents to get them." He shrugged. And the station rooms weren't exactly entertaining to be stuck in, nor were they providing food. Not the good stuff anyways.

Seth Redford

Seth figured that Judas was probably trying to do what his own father had done with him a few times back when he was a troublesome teen - leave him sitting to stew in mind numbing boredom for a while. The big difference was that Owen looked like the sort of kid that might actually get a little shaken by it and straighten out... Seth had just gotten a little more conniving about sneaking around.

"Sounds like a far better use of time," the wolf agreed with a nod, "and then we can make 'em call their parents themselves."

Judas Callian

"Oh, see, I like how you think." Judas pointed out and finally allowed the smirk to pull at the corner of his mouth. Why should they have to call the parents if they could simply have the kids do it themselves. Of course he was not going to be letting Owen just call grandpa Niko for sympathy - his husband was many things but a disciplinarian he was not - the kid would have to deal with Judas the whole way home tonight.

"You can't just take me home..?" Owen spoke up, and the piercing glare he got made him stop instantly.

"Did you not hear, officer Redford and I have a plan and quotas to meet. That does not include taking you home. You get to sit just like all your friends." Judas motioned to the group with a scoff and then looked to Seth. "See, I am fair." He said to him.

Seth Redford

It was all pretty amusing to observe when he wasn't the one standing on the wrong side. Seth had to busy himself finishing the citation he'd been writing to keep from actually showing his amusement while he listened to the exchange, occasionally glancing up.

"Yeah, you should teach Red how to do that," Seth joked as he clicked his pen and tucked it into his pocket, "so I guess you drag those two in," he motioned to Owen and one of the others, figuring Judas would want to take advantage of forcing the kid through the awkward ride, "and I'll follow with the other two."

Judas Callian

Judas gave him an amused laugh, which only caused his grandson's look to turn more skeptical of the man. Was he mad, or joking around or... well the rest of his day was a giant unknown. Just as Officer Callian wanted it to be. "It sounds fair to me." Judas replied to Seth, grabbing onto the arms of his two. "Think I might go the long way." He smirked between the two, "see you on the other side." He commented to Redford, and take the long route he would. Judas had perfected the painfully long car ride through what should be a small area a long time ago. He pulled the two teens toward the front entrance to the building, though Owen himself had no intentions of fighting the man. He wanted the man's forgiveness, not actual anger. He had heard his grandfather had a bit of a temper sometimes...

Seth Redford
(I didn't know if you wanted to actually take them to the station or have Seth and Judas hang out after for lunch or something, I'd be fine whether we did or not.)

Seth was already at the station booking his two charges in when Judas arrived with the other two. While his partner started the process of passing them off, Seth finished up the paper work he had to do and then sidled off to the break room to grab a cup of coffee while he waited.

About twenty minutes later they were both done and heading back outside, "So I guess we're heading to the diner?" Seth said as they made for their cruisers, "or are you in the mood for something else?"

Judas Callian

Judas did make prompt work of his paperwork, unlike his driving route to the station. He was more than happy to pass the kids off to the officers stuck at the station. While his grandchild had been smart and kept to himself, his little friend had spent the entire ride running his mouth and the dragon was simply done with them already.

"The diner was the plan, habits and all," he answered Seth, "and hopefully there won't be any mouthy teenagers there too." He scoffed as he walked up to his car.

Seth Redford

"They make you wish you could be looser with the tazer sometimes don't they," Seth remarked as he branched off towards his own car.

Judas Callian

"Sometimes, I wish." Judas muttered. He would have loved anything to make the kid shut up. He valued his job far too much to actually do it though. He waved it off.

The dragon officer made his way to the diner once in the car. He spent most of his lunch breaks in the same place. Familiarity was comfortable. Although given the time he'd much rather make his own meals. He arrived quickly, this time not wanting to take the long route. He was already late for his normal lunch time, so he was all but in a rush. "Now let this quite little town stay quiet enough for an uninterrupted lunch." He sighed as he headed inside. It was a toss up anymore.

Seth Redford

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates Tidewater High Wait & Bleed