Discord ( Join us! )

Welcome

Welcome to Dawnbreak, Alevskaya. We are a small fishing and farming community that has long sought to remain in touch with our natural surroundings. It’s a quiet, close knit town for the most part. The locals can be a little rough, but they’re friendly enough once they warm up to you. However, odd things are known to happen around town. Every now and again mutilated corpses crop up near or within the forest, and it isn’t uncommon for citizens to disappear for weeks at a time – if they return at all. Those who do know what’s happening certainly aren’t telling, but rest assured we’ve got everything under control. You’ll do fine here – assuming you don’t cause us any trouble, understood?
- Mayor Elijah Holiday

Staff

DragonBlue
Grim
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Magic Hands, [Dagonet]
It was an underhanded throw of a coffee mug from behind the man as she walked up. The coffee mug was a standard issue white in case he finally missed it, though she doubted he would. When he did catch it she smiled as she leaned herself against the side of his desk. "Magic," she said smiling to him.

"Didja get the new reports on that no name town in Alaska?" she asked him peering over what was on his desk as she picked something up and started to fiddle with it. She was pretty sure half the items there were hers at some point.

DragonBlue

He'd twirled in his chair just in time to catch the object she'd tossed at him, casting her a half hearted scowl as he set it off out of the way, "I got them," he nodded, gaze flickering briefly towards the rack where they were stored, "haven't read anything yet. Anything interesting?" he asked as he turned his attention back to the screen.

Morrigan

Charlotte shrugged nonchalantly as she picked up one of the files. "I mean it's all interesting. Can you believe the sheer volume of missing people?" she nearly sounded happy about it. "I think they are getting close to sending some people out there. I'm hoping its us," she said to him.

DragonBlue

"Ugh," Dagonet made a sound of displeasure, "only you could get excited about an assignment in bum-fuck-egypt nowhere," he grumbled without looking up from the screen.

Morrigan

"You could get excited about it to ya know," she slapped him on his shoulder with the case file she had in her hand. "It's not all gloom and doom. Think about the people you would meet. I've heard the town is crawling with werewolves. You'd be right at home with pissy pups such as yourself."

DragonBlue

"Not all doom and gloom my ass," Dagonet retorted, reaching out to snag the case file from her and finally glance it over, "there's a reason that entire state's population is about the same as a moderately sized city anywhere else in the country. You realize its probably already been snowing there for a fucking month, right?"

Morrigan

"I love snow," she said to him. "It's so beautiful," she advised him. "Gives people a reason to get all snuggled up," with the last part she turned her eyes to one of the other office workers she flirted with who immediately averted their gaze in a coy game.

Finally she turned her gaze back to him. "You can think of it as an adventure. Like... The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. We're just passing into a land of ice."

DragonBlue

"Yeah well you do hail from the land of generally shitty weather," Dagonet answered as he glanced over the documents in hand. The town did have strangely high numbers considering the census information that had been included, "Why the hell can't we take an adventure to Hawaii or the U.S. Virgin Islands for a change instead of some snow caked shit hole?"

At this point he was just griping to annoy her.

Morrigan

Charlotte simply smiled at him. "When the supernaturals go vacationing I'm sure we'll be the first they call to come protect them," she said. "Until then I think we're stuck to the shit holes where they can hide in plain sight." While she was chatting with him she started messing with his pens and while holding his gaze she started to fling them at him out of boredom over the conversation. He was always such a downer when he could make everything so much fun.

DragonBlue

His gaze lifted when she began fidgeting with his pens. Charlotte knew that would always get a rise out of him and despite that Dagonet was aware that she knew this, it still never failed to. His jaw set, and as she flicked one at him he caught it reflexively and scowled, "Will you knock it off?" he rolled his eyes and set it aside while muttering something about crows under his breath.
"You know on the bright side everything being covered in eight feet of cold white bullshit will make it a lot easier for me to retaliate," he spoke up as an after thought after he'd gone back to reading the files, "now that I think about it I'm kind of looking forward to beaming you in the face with a snow ball every chance I get."

Morrigan

"Oh I look forward to seeing if those magic hands can catch a snow ball.. or more," she grinned to him flicking one more pen at him regardless of his protest to get her to stop. "Maybe we'll find you a snow bunny... to eat," she giggled. "You should really look over the case files though," she tapped her finger on the stack. "I have a feeling there is more going on in Dawnbreak than missing people after the Solar Eclipse and I can't wait to figure it all out."

DragonBlue

Dagonet snagged the next utensil from the air with a huff but refrained from saying anything if only because it'd probably just make her throw another, "I would be if you'd quit hocking shit at me," he retorted, "don't you have anything better to do?"

Morrigan

"Right this very second? I could go ask the boss if we can go sooner rather than later," she said moving to stand up to see if he'd block her in hopes that his boss chose a different team.

DragonBlue

"If you think stepping on toes that way is a good idea," Dagonet rolled his eyes at her, "then by all means go ahead and brown nose it up."

Morrigan

"Whose toes would I be stepping on? Yours?"

DragonBlue

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (9) 1 2 3 ... Last » ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Affiliates
Directories/Listing
Sister Sites
Affiliates SURFACE LIES Tidewater High The Almanac Effect