Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

Poking Wounds

It took Alice 5 days to get Celeste out there, 4 days after her tussle with Bathory, and by then she was hurt again after meeting Miss Bathory face to face. There was some child play thing that Alice got pictures of that of course she couldn't miss. So when she met the woman at the airport she smiled.

"Where's Lamont?"

"Being a lazy asshole as usual."

"I see you stole his car."

"It was that or you ride on the back of my bike."

"Good choice," she said as she grabbed her bag. "Please tell me that I'm not staying in some crappy motel with you guys."

"You can stay wherever you want Cele. Lamont and I are happy with our crappy motels."

"I'm sure you both are. I wish you would have called," she said indicating to her own face.

"It didn't kill me," she said. "So I can live with it."

"You didn't have to. You know I would have been on the first plane here."

"I know. That's why I didn't call. It wasn't important."

"Am I fixing the rest?"

"Not until after you help the guy that helped find Lamont. Gotta keep your strength up right?"

It took a few hours to get from the city back to Dawnbreak. Alice got Celeste settled in a nicer place than where she was staying before she left the woman for the evening.

It was the next day that she texted Mr Redford and advised him that her witch was in town and to set up a time and place to meet. Once a time and place was setup Alice let Celeste know and they were there. Alice looking as annoyed as ever because Celeste kept poking at her still swollen face and Celeste, the dark skinned woman that was married to a werewolf, smiling because she was happy to be able to poke still.

They were outside waiting on the Deputy.

DragonBlue

For once he was off watch when the text came through.

Seth was still reluctant to come, still wallowing in self loathing for his indiscretion with Alice before.

But he needed the help, regardless of relations.

He pulled up outside of the bookstore and stepped out of his truck, approaching Alice and the witch she had summoned, "We can talk in private inside," he said, walking on past them and into the store. From there he led the way into the back office, vacant on a day where Tatiana was home mourning her recent loss.

Morrigan

Alice didn't make eye contact and her smiling friend was the first person to start following. In fact she waited a moment before she pushed herself off her bike and followed them both inside. She glanced around at the books in the store until they reached their destination which was an office.

Alice finally looked up to meet Seth's gaze. It was only long enough to turn away. "Deputy Redford," she turned to Celeste. "Celeste Vega. Cele this is the deputy I told you about," she said simply.

Celeste took a step forward and reached out to shake his hand. "It's good to meet you. She's told me about three things about you," she said with a smile. "That's quite elaborate for Alice," she added indicating to the chair to get him to sit.

"Lets see what's going on shall we?"

DragonBlue

"I guess they weren't all terrible," Seth smiled faintly as he shook Celeste 's hand inside the privacy of the officer.

He took a seat when indicated, focusing on the witch if only to have something to do other than avoid making eye contact with Alice where he didn't have to. Outside of that he went ahead and peeled his shirt off, giving the witch a full view of the wounds the wendigo had carved into his flesh.

Morrigan

"No, not terrible at all," she said. "But I don't know how terrible you can get with a name, a title and that you're hurt," she scrunched her nose at him as he pulled off his shirt. "I mean I got some details on the fact that you weren't healing which is odd for a werewolf but nothing I normally can't patch up," she said to him.

Once the shirt was off Celeste reached out and touched the skin under the wound. "I've never seen something like this," she furrowed her brow. "3 weeks for some of these?"

"Yeah Cele, three weeks," Alice chimed in sounding a little frustrated as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Don't mind her, she's always been impatient and after her run in with that vampire I think she's gotten worse," she advised him. "I can never understand why a hunter is so impatient to get hurt over and over again. Do you?"

DragonBlue

Seth nodded as she looked them over, "I think four for some of them by now," he admitted, ignoring Alice's input."

After that he couln't help but laugh a but at the witch's input, "Nah. We don't exactly make it easy on them."

Morrigan

Celeste smiled to him. "I wish they would relax," she admitted.

Alice rolled her eyes. She would normally say she would relax when she was dead but she kept the comment to herself. It was obvious Alice was trying not to talk.

"Normally this doesn't hurt. You ready?" Celeste asked.

DragonBlue

Celeste held her hand out a few inches away from his wounds as she closed her eyes to concentrate. While his skin would get warm, nothing would really happen. Whether it was that Celeste wasn't strong enough or she needed something else to make this work... they wouldn't know for a while but after a while, Celeste sweating she began to pant.

"There's something wrong."

Alice didn't hesitate to move forward and grab the woman and move her into another chair. "Are you okay Cele?" she asked kneeling in front of the woman who simply nodded.

DragonBlue

Seth watched silently as the witch began. He could feel the spark of magic and the warmth radiating from her palm but nothing seemed to change. After a bit of this the wounds began to sting and burn as if in protest of her attempts. He gritted his teeth and bore it in silence until the witch pulled away,clearly struggling.

He watched as Alice came forward to check on her friend, staying out of the way for his own part and waiting to see what she had to say.

Morrigan

Celeste nodded looking to the man. "I'm sorry. I don't know if I'm strong enough for that. There's something.... I don't know. I'm sorry," she said looking to away from Seth to Alice.

"Are you okay?" Alice asked again.

"I am," she nodded.

"Sorry," Alice said looking over her shoulder to Seth. "This normally works," she said.

Celeste looked to him. "I can try agaain. Try harder to see if it will at least help but it's like there more to it than just a wound."

DragonBlue

"It's not a problem. You shouldn't have to live with wounds like that," she urged him.

Alice shook her head knowing full well that Seth was nearly as stubborn as her. "You want to fix someone up, you can fix me Cele," she indicated to her face to distract the woman.

Celeste frowned. "You're both annoying."

DragonBlue

"I'm not going to let you hurt yourself trying," Seth shrugged in response, "look I've been healed a few times in the past and its never felt like this did just now. There's apparently more going on with that creature than just a nasty set of claws."

Morrigan

Celeste's jaw set stubbornly but she didn't say anything more. Alice gave Celeste a look that said, 'stop'. "We'll get out of here and I'll see if I can find something else for you," Alice said as she urged Celeste up.

"Stop hurrying me," Celeste frowned to Alice.

"I want alcohol," she said.

"Invite your friend," Celeste said.

Alice gave a glance to Seth and shook her head. "He's got better things to do."

"Nonsense," Celeste looked to Seth. "Come with us for drinks."

DragonBlue

Seth made eye contact with Alice for about a split second before looking away. He started to nod in agreement and say he had somewhere to be, but the witch was insistent.

And she had flown all the way out here because of him.

"I guess I've got time for a few," Seth answered. Couldn't get into more trouble than he already was, right?

Morrigan

Alice scratched her eyebrow in aggravation but didn't protest further. Celeste grinned largely and looked between them not realizing there was something happening between the two of them.

"Can I ride with you?" Celeste said standing up she wobbled a little catching an arm on Alice before she started toward the door releasing her.

Alice followed after her. As she left Alice paused considering telling him that he really didn't have to go but she decided against it and continued through the door toward the front door.

DragonBlue

"Ah... yeah, sure," Seth answered, scratching the back of his neck. Celeste seemed unsteady on her feet as she stood so being on the back of a motorcycle probably wasn't the best idea.

He followed them out of the office, pausing to lock up and heading outside, "I guess we'll follow you," he glanced briefly at Alice, not really waiting on an answer before heading to his truck.

Morrigan

Alice nodded as she kicked her leg over her bike. Celeste got into Seth's truck.

She considered the closest options and unfortunately it was the Moonshiner or The Corner Pocket and she wasn't walking a witch and a werewolf into a hunter bar. So she went to the Corner Pocket even though she knew damn well what happened there last time.

In the car Celeste smiled to Seth. "So I lied. She told me a little more about you than just your name and things. She told me your sister is missing and she killed your friend. She's not exactly the talking type so I didn't want to say that in front of her."

DragonBlue

Seth was quiet for a moment, partially because of what had been said and also because as Alice made a turn ahead of them he figured out which bar they were headed to. God damn it.

"I figured I owed her that much at least," Seth shrugged after a minute, "it was one of mine that bit her in the first place and she kind of saved my ass... and she didn't have to stick around after we found her friend."

Morrigan

"She's not so bad for a hunter," Seth murmured.

They reached the bar and he swung into the lot and parked. Being back here made him feel ill... but he figured he could suffer through it for a little while and then make some excuse to leave.

Morrigan

Celeste smiled to him as she got out of the truck and moved over to Alice. She grabbed onto the woman's arm and started dragging her toward the door.

Celeste found a booth, it was fortunately not the same one as last time.

Celeste sat on the same side as Alice and blocked her in. "So did you grow up around here?" Celeste asked Seth.

DragonBlue

Sign in to follow this