Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason Wood

Jay Alone

Guest Guest

Kit was still awake when his alarm went off, simply relaxing and enjoying not do anything. She sat up once he was awake, offering a small shrug. "I dunno, I'm not picky. Up to you," she replied, then immediately jumped back and amended her statement. "Or I would definitely not mind cinnamon rolls and good coffee, whether that's here or somewhere else... But you really don't have to feed me, if you have stuff to do I could just head home, I don't want you to feel obligated or anything."

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

Jay turned and looked at her, a brow arched at the weird phrasing as he cautiously asked, or rather, stated, "Do...you think I'm done with you?"

Wording. It was bad. "Because I definitely want seconds, Kit." He shot her a playful smirk hoping she'd understand the meaning.

But inwardly he realized that probably sounded more bad than good. Katherine Martin

Guest Guest

Kit just stared at him for a moment, then squirmed uncomfortably. "Um... Seconds?" She asked nervously, chewing her lower lip. "I don't... I mean... Right now?" She'd hoped to get a bit more of a feel for where this was going (if anywhere) before anything else, really, although it wasn't a conversation she wanted to have that early in the morning.

...Mostly, she was very very awkward and uncomfortable, and at a complete loss for what to do.

Jason Wood

Guest Guest

Kit instantly felt bad, and scooted over to kiss him quickly. "I didn't mean- I just... I don't really know what I'm doing or what's supposed to happen now or what you want and I'm really bad at being direct... So... There's that."

Jason Wood

Guest Guest

"Oh, good," Kit replied, relaxing immediately with a relieved look on her face. "I just mean... Well everyone kinda said... I mean, I'm sure you already know what they said. So I wasn't sure... Anyway, yeah, an actual date would be good."

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

Jay frowned. "I sorta know? I know what htey say about Knox..." He sighed, frowning. "..but for real, a date is good? Um...the fancy restaurant this weekend?"

Katherine Martin

Guest Guest

"Yeah, that'd be nice," Kit nodded, scooting over to lean her head against his shoulder. It was, at least, less awkward now that they'd cleared that up... Although she was still an awkward person in general. Comfortably awkward? "Did you ever end up finding a place to move to? Or were you still planning on moving?"

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

He grumbled, "Still looking. Few apartments in North End look okay." He stroked her hair, beaming down at her excitedly. "If you're not busy today maybe you could help me find a place?"

Guest Guest

"Sure I can- OH FUCK," she yelped suddenly, shooting to her feet like she'd been burned. She took the sheet with her, wrapping it around herself as she looked around frantically. "Fuck fuck fuck. I need my clothes. I'm late for my first day of work, FUCK!"

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

Jay watched in mild alarm and fascination as she hopped up, yelping all the way, and looking for her clothes. "Bra's in the living room, that's about all I know," he called to her with nothing less than an arrogant, cocky tone. "Do you need me to drop you off?"

Katherine Martin

Guest Guest

Kit glanced back to Jay, her expression caught between annoyance and amusement at his cocky tone. "Actually, yes, I... My car died a painful death," she admitted, wrinkling her nose. He had mentioned that her car probably wouldn't last much longer, which she had argued against, and he was right.

Disappearing into the living room, Kit tracked down her bra and the rest of her clothing, pulling it on quickly as she made her way back into the bedroom (nearly falling on her face as she attempted to walk and get dressed at the same time.)

"Wait, no. Yes. But no. Okay, please don't take offense to this, but... I don't know if I want to tell Seth anything yet? I hate disappointment, it's awful, and he really does not like you yet. Would I be a terrible person if I asked you not to drop me off directly in front of the station?"

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

While Jay dressed and Katherine Martin gathered her own belongings, he hummed a happy tune and planned for his day- which, while Kit freaked about working, he surprisingly had off for once. Maybe a hike? Eh it didn't-

Kit returned and he flashed her a knowing grin- he too had recalled the "your car is gonna die soon" conversation and ha. Well not actually Ha. But more like...gently told you so?

It didn't matter. What did strike him as odd was the specification about Seth. His head cocked to the side and he asked, "The old dude I met htat...one time? At...uh...whatshername...Granny Redford's?" Upon confirmation- and probably clarification that Seth was only a few years older than Jay- Jay asked, "Why...is he the one to worry about?"

he got the whole station being a thing- but why single out one dude?

Guest Guest

"I don't know. It's complicated," Kit sighed, grabbing her back before hurrying him out to the car. "He's just a really good friend, the Redfords are my family, so it's kinda... I don't know, like an older brother being disappointed in me I guess? He was one of the first people I interacted with regularly here other than Ryan, and he's helped me out a lot. Also, he's the one I'm gonna be stuck in a squad car with for the next several hours and I don't like confrontation, so I don't want him to be mad at me. I don't know if he will be mad, or if he just won't give a shit, or whatever, but... Yeah."

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

Jay nodded slowly for a bit and then asked, cautiously, "...Does...he not like?"

Guest Guest

"Um.... No, no he does not," Kit confirmed, sighing. "I'm pretty sure he thinks that you're just like your brother, and they didn't get along very well. He also thinks you were just trying to get into my pants and that you'd get bored with me as soon as you got what you wanted. ...You being a hunter doesn't help matters, obviously."

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

Jay hummed a moment and then smirked, asking jokingly, "We should prank him or something. Cause, I mean, I did want to get into your pants..." He paused, and added, dramatically, "And your heart."

It was super hard to keep a straight face.

Guest Guest

"Uh-" Kit started, staring at him for a moment. That was... A joke, right? Or was he serious? If he was serious, that sounded... Not casual. Or new. It wasn't like she was afraid of relationships or anything, she didn't have any fear of commitment, but for some reason that seemed odd? "Um," she said again, tilting her head. "Not sure if you're being jokingly sappy or..."

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

His hands lifted and he grinned, elaborating, "Kidding- totally joking. But for real, we should figure out a way to fuck with Seth."

Guest Guest

Kit breathed a sigh of relief, reaching over to slap his arm. "Jerk. Okay, so fucking with Seth... Do you have anything in mind? Preferably something that won't make him hate me?"

Jason Wood

Guest Jason Wood

"...Not yet, lemme look into some things?" he flashed a mischevious grin. "But you have access to his cruiser?"

Sign in to follow this