Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
DragonBlue

Not Quite Déjà vu

It had been a relatively uneventful shift for Seth so far, one of those rare days where nothing really seemed to be happening. On one hand it was a bit pleasant after the last couple of insanely busy watches he had been on. On the other hand he was bored out of his mind, and time was dragging.

So he was actually grateful when the dispatcher came across the radio, informing that a report had been made about a disturbance in an abandoned warehouse that wasn't far from where Seth was at the moment. It was a place he was familiar with. The location had been empty more often than not for the last two decades, rarely utilized by the owners as they resided out of town - so it was an ideal haunt for the local kids to break into for various reasons. Usually to get drunk or stoned or tag up the walls.

He and his wife to be had actually been among the culprits many, many times back in their delinquent high school days.

Now he was the buzzkill cop coming to break up the fun.

It was a situation made even more ironic when Seth pulled up down the road to find that not only was another officer already there, but it was one of the very same that had - on many an occasion - busted up his own fun. Judas had both chased him off the property only to be shaken off, and he had also successfully slapped a pair of cuffs onto him there enough times that Seth had eventually lost count.

Judas, however, probably remembered exactly how many times it had happened. Seth licked his lips as he killed the engine and stepped out to join the man, "Hey, Callian," he greeted.

Judas Callian

For being a generally unused location, this place must have held some kind of record in the number of arrests made. Since the current owners had stopped using it he'd been arresting the town's children for their various uses of the property. And oh there were some creative uses he had seen over the years. When a disturbance was reported, and Judas happened to be bored around the corner, he'd been more than happy to respond. Which, he supposed, was the same reason that he was not the only officer who responded to the report. It was one of those slow days, he wasn't surprised.

The particular officer though brought a slight smirk of amusement to the man's face. He had no intention of letting the young man forget the past, but the teasing was lighthearted. Were Judas to have been raised in this time, he very likely would have been right there with them. His confidence had always been present in his life. Coupled with a young rebellious streak of his own. The dangerous times of his raising had forced the young dragon to mature quickly, but there remained an understanding there.

Even if the kid had been damn annoying, making Judas run as often as he had.

"Hello Seth, it's been a while since I've seen you here." The dragon greeted with an amused little smirk at the comment. He was particularly glad to find Seth on his side this time, he'd been particular trouble to chase down back then.

DragonBlue

Seth answered the greeting with a mildly sheepish grin, "Yeah, I bet you've been relieved for that," he said, shaking his head once. Given that his old man had also been on the force back in those days - and tended to be a heavy handed disciplinarian - Seth had always made it particularly difficult for any arresting officer. The warehouse was large and, particularly for a young and fit supernatural, had plenty of places to squeeze out.

"If it helps any I'll do the chasing if it comes to that," he chuckled, "seem to remember you didn't like the running part too much."

Judas Callian

Judas gave an amused sort of scoff to that. "If it was not you, it was someone else. Although you still hold the record of most escapes." He admitted. Craftiest anyways, some of these kids it was almost sad how easy he managed to catch them. He bnb had a love hate relationship with the more active days of his career.

"I will happily let you do the running," Judas let out a chuckle as he looked up to the building. "Damn right. I would hope you would remember me giving you hell for making me run every time." He rolled his eyes at that. "Though now that you have grown out of it, I will admit there were a couple times I did not even bother trying."

DragonBlue

"You know, I want to tell you that I'm repentant now that I've gotten a taste of being on the other end," Seth rubbed the back of his neck, "but really I'm just that much more pleased with myself in retrospect," he admitted.

He'd pulled some rather impressive shit in many of the chases he'd led, if he did say so himself.

"Anyway, we should probably head that way before they realize something's up," Seth suggested. They'd have time to reminisce about what a pain in the ass he'd been later, "I'll take the back if you want to go through the front."

Judas Callian

"I would not have believed you if you said it." Judas shook his head. He was no fool on that subject. Nor could he deny the much younger man credit for his successes either.

"Oh look at you being practical," Judas smirked, "Alright, I got front then, catch you on the other side." He shrugged at him before making his way up to the building.

DragonBlue

Look at him being right too. Judas was old, he liked to talk. Probably far too much. The officer slipped inside the building, prepared for their lovely little delinquents of the day to scatter from whatever foolishness they were up to as soon as they saw him.

DragonBlue

Seth moved along the side of the building, trotting out to an angle where he could see the back door while also listening to Judas' progress around front. While his partner went in through the front, Seth stood back to see whether any of the kids inside would scatter and attempt to run out one of the back routes.

ooc: can go easy round up or with runners up to you lol

Judas Callian

Judas was quiet as he could be in an attempt to get a good look at the group. Perhaps a rough head count in case they did scatter, but he wasn't exactly counting on that capability. He came up quietly upon their little party, instantly recognizing a few of their smug little faces. "I thought we discussed this last time, who forgot to send me an invitation." Judas scoffed out loud, immediately grabbing onto the jacket of the closest delinquent who had sprung upright. Judas' smirk remained though as the ones who did decide to scatter ran right toward where he knew Seth would be. "They always run. Don't you kids ever learn snything?" He asked the fearful one in his grasp, who seemed unwilling to speak to the officer.

DragonBlue

[sorry it took so long and isn't too great]

As it turned out, the small troop of delinquents they'd interrupted weren't the most creative of escapists. As soon as Judas caught one, the other three all bolted for the back entrance. They flung the door open and then all came skidding to a halt, the two that had been trailing running into the boy in the lead and pitching him a step closer to the waiting officer.

Seth couldn't help but smirk a little, amused by the sight, "You lot sure seem to be in a hurry," he said as he stepped forward to herd them all back inside and back towards his partner, "suddenly remember where you're supposed to be?" he asked since they were truant from school in addition to everything else.

Judas Callian

"They much be late for a very important date, hmm?" Judas chuckled with a smirk as Seth returned with his little herd. He kept a tight hold on the one he had, the boy having considered trying to pull free. "Your creative attempt at escape is astounding. Like, the same thing you did last week." Judas scoffed and looked to Seth with a roll of his eyes.

Seth Redford

"No creativity in the younger generations," Seth chuckled as he approached with the rest. He was admittedly grateful for that right abut then, though. His partner wouldn't get the satisfaction of laughing at him having to chase down some delinquent - at least not this time.

They herded the four teens off against the wall to pat them down, "All right kids, ID's out," he ordered.

Judas Callian

"Just not the same as it used to be." Judas gave an exaggerated sigh.

As the officers pat down his friends, one of the teens was very carefully avoiding even a glance in Judas' direction. At least the old officer was busy taking care of checking the ID of the boy he had caught. He knew Judas, specifically he was Callian's grandson, and had not been caught in trouble before. As far as Owen Callian knew his grandfather, and thus his parents, had no idea that he deviated from the rule following personality he had previously shown. Now it was only a matter of minutes before Judas acknowledged him.

He was understandably nervous, still as could be until the order was given. He grabbed his license to hold to Seth, although he looked the other way from Judas still. Why couldn't it have been any cops but his grandfather that caught him?

Seth Redford

They both started at opposite ends of the line and moved down. Seth took the first kids ID and scribbled down the information before handing it back. He stepped down, took the next. At first he wasn't paying much attention until he recognized the surname on the plastic card.

Seth did a bit of a double take as he looked towards the boy again, then finally turned his gaze towards Judas and held out the ID, "You know this one?" he asked, flashing a brief hint of an amused smirk to have found what he could only assume was one of the other man's grand children caught up in the mix.

Judas Callian

Owen swallowed, visibly more and more nervous as Seth made his way to him. He stared as the officer looked at his card, waiting. And there it was. That look. "Please don't..." Owen started, but it was too late. The officer had already started...

Judas looked up from the card he held, looking over to examine it, and then looked to the boy who chanced a glance in his direction. At first glance, Judas was shocked. That the straight A student that was his grandson would be here... but then they all had their rough streaks didn't they? "I sure do. Owen Arveldis Callian, what the hell are you doing out here?" His tone came out harsh. Intentionally so as he stared at the boy who did not dare look him in the eyes. He wasn't sure what was worse, the embarrassment in front of his friends or the fact that he had to come home to Judas' house tonight and deal with him more later. Judas looked to Seth with a shake of his head, seriousness written on his face despite the fact that he wanted to just burst into laughter. It was so cute that Owen believed he wouldn't be noticed. And oh the fun he'd have with him later.

"This one we definitely need to take in to the station." Judas pointed with a scowl.

Seth Redford

Fortunately for the kid it was a first time offense, and other than a few packs of cigarettes they were all too young to have it didn't seem as though they'd done anything wrong other than skip school and trespass. The owners of the location probably weren't going to press any charges for that since they hadn't caught the kids vandalizing the place - at least not any further than it already was.

"Alright then," Seth nodded, going along with the stern demeanor, "should probably go ahead and haul the other three down to. I know these two at least," he motioned as he spoke, "have parents at work. I don't know about you but I'm too behind on my citation quota for the month to be hanging around here waiting for them to get off and pick them up."

Judas Callian

Just fought hard to avoid allowing a smirk onto his face. By the time they got home, in all likelihood Judas and the boy would be just find and little would come of it - Judas was sure that embarrassment was more than enough to deter Owen from trying this crap again. And, well, Judas felt for the kid. His parents had all but abandoned him and moved across the world, leaving the kid in Judas' care. He'd yet been able to remain made at the child.

"I'm probably not as behind as you, but yes and I am already going to be late for lunch." Judas agreed with him after checking his watch, a frown on his face as he looked to the group. He reached out to take Owen's ID before it could be given back to him and stuffed it into his pocket while the kid stared and bit his tongue not to whine and argue with his grandfather. "As soon as we get them to the station they are not our problem any more. So I say, we could drop them at the station, get some great lunch, and after that we can still fill our quotas in the time it would take their parents to get them." He shrugged. And the station rooms weren't exactly entertaining to be stuck in, nor were they providing food. Not the good stuff anyways.

Seth Redford

Seth figured that Judas was probably trying to do what his own father had done with him a few times back when he was a troublesome teen - leave him sitting to stew in mind numbing boredom for a while. The big difference was that Owen looked like the sort of kid that might actually get a little shaken by it and straighten out... Seth had just gotten a little more conniving about sneaking around.

"Sounds like a far better use of time," the wolf agreed with a nod, "and then we can make 'em call their parents themselves."

Judas Callian

"Oh, see, I like how you think." Judas pointed out and finally allowed the smirk to pull at the corner of his mouth. Why should they have to call the parents if they could simply have the kids do it themselves. Of course he was not going to be letting Owen just call grandpa Niko for sympathy - his husband was many things but a disciplinarian he was not - the kid would have to deal with Judas the whole way home tonight.

"You can't just take me home..?" Owen spoke up, and the piercing glare he got made him stop instantly.

"Did you not hear, officer Redford and I have a plan and quotas to meet. That does not include taking you home. You get to sit just like all your friends." Judas motioned to the group with a scoff and then looked to Seth. "See, I am fair." He said to him.

Seth Redford

It was all pretty amusing to observe when he wasn't the one standing on the wrong side. Seth had to busy himself finishing the citation he'd been writing to keep from actually showing his amusement while he listened to the exchange, occasionally glancing up.

"Yeah, you should teach Red how to do that," Seth joked as he clicked his pen and tucked it into his pocket, "so I guess you drag those two in," he motioned to Owen and one of the others, figuring Judas would want to take advantage of forcing the kid through the awkward ride, "and I'll follow with the other two."

Judas Callian

Judas gave him an amused laugh, which only caused his grandson's look to turn more skeptical of the man. Was he mad, or joking around or... well the rest of his day was a giant unknown. Just as Officer Callian wanted it to be. "It sounds fair to me." Judas replied to Seth, grabbing onto the arms of his two. "Think I might go the long way." He smirked between the two, "see you on the other side." He commented to Redford, and take the long route he would. Judas had perfected the painfully long car ride through what should be a small area a long time ago. He pulled the two teens toward the front entrance to the building, though Owen himself had no intentions of fighting the man. He wanted the man's forgiveness, not actual anger. He had heard his grandfather had a bit of a temper sometimes...

Seth Redford

(I didn't know if you wanted to actually take them to the station or have Seth and Judas hang out after for lunch or something, I'd be fine whether we did or not.)

Seth was already at the station booking his two charges in when Judas arrived with the other two. While his partner started the process of passing them off, Seth finished up the paper work he had to do and then sidled off to the break room to grab a cup of coffee while he waited.

About twenty minutes later they were both done and heading back outside, "So I guess we're heading to the diner?" Seth said as they made for their cruisers, "or are you in the mood for something else?"

Judas Callian

Judas did make prompt work of his paperwork, unlike his driving route to the station. He was more than happy to pass the kids off to the officers stuck at the station. While his grandchild had been smart and kept to himself, his little friend had spent the entire ride running his mouth and the dragon was simply done with them already.

"The diner was the plan, habits and all," he answered Seth, "and hopefully there won't be any mouthy teenagers there too." He scoffed as he walked up to his car.

Seth Redford