Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
DragonBlue

Not Quite Déjà vu

"Sometimes, I wish." Judas muttered. He would have loved anything to make the kid shut up. He valued his job far too much to actually do it though. He waved it off.

The dragon officer made his way to the diner once in the car. He spent most of his lunch breaks in the same place. Familiarity was comfortable. Although given the time he'd much rather make his own meals. He arrived quickly, this time not wanting to take the long route. He was already late for his normal lunch time, so he was all but in a rush. "Now let this quite little town stay quiet enough for an uninterrupted lunch." He sighed as he headed inside. It was a toss up anymore.

Seth Redford

Seth pulled into the lot a few minutes after Judas, having made a brief pit stop to refuel his cruiser along the way. He came inside and joined the other man, nodding to a few familiar faces along the way.

"So what're you planning to do with the kid," he asked for curiosities sake. At least as long as Seth had known the dragon, he'd been a lot more temperate than his own father - so the wolf's pasts arrests had always led to some kind of fight, and the older he'd gotten the more likely those fights were to devolve into physical skirmishes. Those had become increasingly nasty until Seth had turned eighteen and taken off out of Dawnbreak like a shot - back then with no intention of ever returning. But even though Judas kind of looked like a hard ass, Seth had a difficult time imagining him being that rough hewn, "Just shake him up a little? He doesn't really come across like much of a trouble maker."

Kelor

Judas looked up to Seth as he sat down, smirking a little at the predictable question. He gave the slightest bit of a shrug. "It is a first offense," he informed him, although the kid's nervous demeanor had probably told of that. "He was never trouble until his parents up and left. I might have called him a perfect child before." He admitted as he took a sip of the glass of water he had. "So, he will sit in the station until my shift is done and I will be keeping his license for a while. He can deal with me dropping his ass off at school for a couple of weeks." He concluded. Anything more seemed too harsh for the poor kid. Particularly when he could hardly blame the boy for pushing back at him suddenly. He wasnt like Kristofer, who at that age was sneaking out all ours of the day and getting into trouble.

Seth Redford

"He's at a rough age even for the kids that don't really have any problems," Seth smiled wryly, "at least he went with one of the tamer options to rebel," he tacked on. Judas had probably already had the thought that at least his grandson wasn't out getting into the sort of shit that Seth had around the same age - although by some stroke of luck he'd never been caught in the midst of any of his more serious offenses.

Kelor

Judas gave a slight understanding nod at that. "Oh, I never said that I blame him. I was not exactly an innocent adolescent myself. If I had the parents which life dealt him..." He admitted, although ended that sentence with another drink of water to put at least a pause before he clarified that fact. If all the kid was doing was skipping class, maybe a couple drinks and minor vandalism, well he could think of so much worse.

Seth Redford

A chuckle came from Judas as he set his glass down. "Oh, it was a very long time ago." He admitted. And it probably felt tame compared to the crap these kids got up to today. "Running off, being places we weren't supposed to, consuming father's glorious stashes of alcohol, and... pretty sure I almost burnt down the village at least twice." He shrugged slightly. "My father and I did not quite get along for a while after that."

Seth Redford

While his expression mostly remained neutral there were slight shifts towards the amused as Judas spoke. Initially it was because the much older and more experienced man recounted experiences that mirrored the wolf's younger days. It was the very last item that really got a reaction.

Seth's amused smirk broke into a full on grin, "Burned down the village?" he scoffed with amusement, "Sorry that seems just a little worse than anything I ever did."

Kelor

He figured that would catch his partner's interest, and the almost proud smirk that grew upon his face said it was the intent on slipping that little bit of information in. Not that he was ready to admit it to his grandson, but Seth was another story.

"Almost burned down the village." Judas clarified with a shake of his head. "A young dragon plus a little too much alcohol... er... far too much alcohol, and some things went up in flames." He gave a shrugging half innocent look at that. "It sounded like a great idea at the time. Not so much the next day. And I think we are lucky that you were not near that bad, and Owen will not be making that mistake either."

DragonBlue

Seth couldn't help the grin that had broken by the end of the brief retelling, "Wow," he chuckled, "I never would have guessed that," he admitted, "even working for the department now I still kind of see you as the old stiff that was always busting up the fun. Hard to imagine you as a young buck stirring the shit."

Kelor

"That means I have succeeded." Judas gave him a shrug, looking over his glass to Seth. "Some day the kids might say the same about you, who knows?" He joked, although he had a feeling that he'd never get to the level that Judas had achieved. In honesty Judas himself probably could have done with some loosening up. "My life and priorities changed out of necessity. I had a role to fill in the family." The dragon gave the slightest shrug. If their family had not been hunted, well, Judas would likely have remained that drunk who played with fire just to spite his father. It was for the better this way.

DragonBlue

"Maybe," Seth nodded, "part of me hopes that you're right," he trailed off or a few moments, biting his lip back. "I'm so afraid with these children on the way." he admitted, "I want better for them. I don't want them to get stuck here like I did."

Judas Callian

"You want to be the old guy ruining the fun?" Judas chuckled some at that, though his smile faded to seriousness as he looked to his water. "Oh I am sure you two will make great parents, if you put your minds to it. And I can guarantee that the kids will at least once claim that you are killing their fun. Don't rush to get there. But uh... what do you mean better? Better than living in this town?"

DragonBlue

When he asked for the clarification Seth hesitated a little, "I mean... kinda," he admitted, reaching to scratch the back of his neck, "I mean on one hand its safe here but there's also a lot more out there," he paused for a moment, looking pensive before shaking his head, "maybe I'm just over thinking everything. I got out then wound up coming back, and I can't say I'm unhappy. Just a little stressed," he chuckled.

Kelor

"You sound like a normal parent." Judas commented after allowing a moment of silence to settle. "Over thinking everything. It comes with the whole parenting job. I have raised, well, many children. Leave the doors open, they will figure out what they want." He assured him, setting down his empty water glass. "Just be prepared, it will not always be what you want."

DragonBlue

"I think I can handle that much. Or at least be sympathetic about it," Seth scratched the back of his neck. He hadn't exactly gone the route his father had wanted out of him, "Having three at once is already a lot to process and they're not even here yet. No first born to figure it out with. Feels like we either have to get it right the first time or screw them all up at once," he gave a wry smile, "can't decide whether I'm more excited or terrified about it."

Kelor