Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
Brenda

tennessee whiskey got me drinking in heaven [Completed]

He squirmed with unease. "I guess so..." He murmured with a weak laugh of his own. "Do you have any clue what pop's up to?" He rasped, scooting a smidgen closer to Seth and attempting to use him for a pillow. "Imagine what this bed would look like under a black light..."

DragonBlue

Seth suspected that Red had gone back to do a little crime scene clean up, or at least attempt to. That would be their father's first move. He wasn't sure of Logan realized his estranged wife was dead, though, so he didn't mention all that.

"He's out getting supplies to clean you up," Seth answered, reaching to hold Logan's head up against his leg, "and clean up this crime scene of a room," he cracked.

Logan Black

"Food and whiskey would be nice, too..." He attempted to joke, though he was in no mood to eat, let alone drink. He had this image of it running out of his stomach... Even though it probably wasn't possible. Hell if he knew. Not like he was a doctor of any kind. "I'm tired." He mumbled, shaking his head, as a frown marred his features. He was trying to fight it, but it was getting harder.

DragonBlue

Seth smiled faintly at the request. He shook his head once. At least his brother was still fucking about - that was a good sign, "Just go to sleep," he murmured when Logan mentioned his exhaustion, "you'll heal faster. I'm not going anywhere and dad'll be back soon. We'll have you patched up and home in no time brother."

Logan Black

He sighed and closed his eyes. "Some wedding present I gave you, huh?" He chuckled weakly and before too much longer, despite his reluctance, wound up nodding off again. His features were pale and his skin was probably clammy but, at least, he was breathing and more importantly, his wife hadn't gone for his pretty face.

DragonBlue

"Yeah, I hope you know I expect a re-do," Seth muttered to him. He stayed put after Logan slipped into unconsciousness again, occasionally checking his wound.

Red finally returned about an hour and a half later, carrying a bag full of the materials they'd need to get Logan patched up enough to transport him home. They set to work, trying to get the worst of it out of the way before he woke again.

Logan Black

He stirred occasionally while they were working on him. There was an occasional twitch here and there, along with quiet sounds being uttered. Without making a conscious effort to suppress his pain, he was more vocal about it than he normally would have been. At long last, he opened his eyes again, though they were as dull then as they were before. "We home yet?" He asked roughly, still groggy from what little sleep he'd managed to get. Harper was going to whoop his ever loving ass if she had her way... as well as an opportunity to do so. His stomach churned with momentary unease. "Pop... I'm sorry..." He murmured. His father probably had better things to do than retrieve his bastard son.

DragonBlue

Logan was fortunate to be unconscious, because while Red was about as skilled as any paramedic from years of experience, he wasn't the most gentle about it. Even Seth flinched a few times as he watched his father douse the open wound with alcohol and begin packing it with gauze.

Red was quick about it, not wanting to linger there any longer than they had to. Once Logan was bandaged and cleaned up they stripped off the soiled linens and stuffed them into a bag. All in all they were finished in a little over half an hour and were back in the car on their way to Dawnbreak.

When Logan finally came to again and spoke Red glanced in the rear view mirror, "We'll be at the ranch in about twenty minutes," he answered, "you look like shit boy."

Logan Black

His eyes twinkled faintly with mirth. 'You should see the other guy..." He joked, unable to help himself. "... but, all jokes aside, I feel worse than I look." He chuckled weakly and tried to move around just a bit. "Am I gonna be forced on bed rest?" He asked, as a frown creased his brow.

DragonBlue

"I'll fend her off as long as you don't give me any shit," Red answered as he made a turn down the last road until they reached the ranch. He ignored the thanks - he didn't need it. Even if he'd been raised by another man, Logan was still his son and Red tried to look after him the same as he did the rest of his kids.

Logan Black

Red grimaced, "Well son, I hate to say I told you so but... I god damn well told you so," he half smiled as he glanced into the rear view. Seth snorted softly from the passenger's seat.

About ten minutes later they'd pulled up outside the ranch house. Seth got out to help Logan limp to the house while Red opened up the door. They dragged him into one of the guest rooms to get him settled onto the bed, "You stay off your feet," Red ordered his son, "I don't want to see you up unless you're taking a piss."

Logan Black

He scrunched his nose, eyeing his father. "You gonna watch me piss or are you gonna get me Life Alert in case I fall when nobody's around and I can't get up?" He adjusted himself slowly on the bed. "So... Where's O? Or was the screaming I thought I heard only in my head?"

DragonBlue

Seth shifted in place, glancing at their father, "Ah... Ophelia's gone," he said cautiously. He wasn't quite sure how Logan was going to take the news - though after what the bitch had put him through hopefully he'd accept it easily, "She made the mistake of trying to fight."

Logan Black

He snorted. "She would've died either way... bitch was rabid." He averted his gaze then, sliding off his wedding ring and whipping it across the room. "... and the kids?" Fucking hell. Six years had gone by and he wasn't at all sure what to expect. "... Did you tell pop what I told you back at the hotel, Seth?"

DragonBlue

He slowly exhaled. "... The goons she was with were talking about the blood trade and if they know about me, they probably know about you two and everyone else, as well..." He sighed tiredly and closed his eyes. "As much as you might detest Harper sometimes, pop, you might want to take her with you to hunt these shits down..." He muttered, hating the mere notion of needing to rely on his sister in such a fashion but it was high time she contributed something other than snark and help with finances.

DragonBlue

He hesitated before relaying what he could remember, earning a massive headache in the process. "Be careful... all of you..." Guilt washed over him and he sighed, slowly attempting to sit up. "Before you leave... Would you mind getting me something to numb this shit? Whiskey, maybe..." It'd also serve another purpose... Helping him to sleep.

DragonBlue

Red let out a breath when Logan finished speaking. It wasn't really much to go on, but he didn't have much choice but to look into things.

When his son made his request Red eyed him for several moments. Finally he turned and walked silently from the room, returning a few minutes later with a bottle that was a little less than half full, "Go easy on this shit," he said, "or you'll only hurt yourself worse."

Logan Black

He nodded his thanks and took the bottle from his father, bringing it to his lips and taking a generous swig. As the alcohol warmed his insides, he set the bottle down carefully beside the bed and moved to lay back down. "... You'll have Harper with you, right?" He asked quietly, wanting some kind of reassurance that his father would have more than Seth to help, regardless of how capable his younger brother was. Shit like this, you needed all the help you could get.

DragonBlue

"If necessary," Red answered, mostly to put Logan's mind at ease, "we won't be making any sort of move until we have a better idea of what we're dealing with. For now you just rest up and don't worry about it. Not the first time I've dealt with their kind."

He turned and left the room without giving Logan any time to protest, ordering Seth out behind him.

Logan Black