Dawnbreak

After a truly exciting first half of his shift, Judas had stopped by town hall to share lunch with his son. It was an interesting half hour or so, despite his son's own years of experience and new found position of authority, he still seemed unsure. Asking Judas a hundred questions every time they met up during the day despite the fact that Kristofer already knew most of the answers. It came with the territory, Judas supposed, a new job of such importance could make a confident man like Kris begin to doubt himself. It may have been more concerning had the new mayor not began to question his ideas. Now, he just needed to phase himself back out of that mind space.

Whole Mayor Callian headed off for some no doubt intriguing meeting, Officer Callian headed back out for patrol. A little wandering of the historic end of town really. It was quiet as ever during these hours. Unless he got a call across town he could see if he was needed around here. Anyways the older part of town was one of his favorites.

It was amusing in a way, as he headed down the main street of town, that this was called historic. What was historic to the human residents felt like yesterday to th e dragon who had seen far more than little old houses and shops from the towns founding. Judas, who knew who had built these buildings. Who had lived in the homes, run the businesses, first. The uniformed officer chuckled at the thought of just how much things had changed in their little town. And then there was just how much had not changed which was perhaps more important.

Beyond his moment of reminiscing to himself, Judas caught sight of an unfamiliar and exhausted figure. It was enough to give him pause. While not everyone here was always lively and energetic. That kind of visible exhaustion wasnt exactly common. The officer pulled to park his car on the street. Even if the guy did not require help he supposed a little bit of time for patrol on foot could not harm him. Even in the cold winter air that hung over the town at current time.

"Hey, buddy, you alright?" Judas asked with concern as he approached the individual. There was almost immediately a strong and heavy feeling of another dragon. The smell was unmistakeable for Judas. But rare, for visitors of their town.

Caleb Alucard

Notes:: so, I am horrible at starters and all so this may not be the best example but hope this works for you :3

Felipe looked up into the other man's face offering a wide but tired smile, the smell of wine lingered upon his breath as he said in a voice heavily accented by Spanish or perhaps Portuguese, "I am fine policia. I am not going to drive." His voice got sing-song as he staggered forward a little bit and swayed, nearly barreling into Judas.

The sound of heels clicking crisply upon pavement announced the approach of another. A petite figure swathed in an burned orange coat lined with fur at the cuffs and neckline approached followed by another man who was a near doppelganger for Felipe. Izel made a disgusted little click of it's tongue, "Felipe. Come here." There was unmistakable command in that tone and the young man jerked as if controlled by strings.

"My apologies," Izel said with honey-browned eyes sliding to the police officer. "Is there a problem officer?"

"Woah, careful there buddy." Judas held his arms forward to catch the staggering man. Goodness he hated dealing with drunks, it was babysitting toddlers and he had plenty of those at home who couldn't help it. The officer made sure the male was balanced enough for the moment before he relaxed his arms again. He didn't need to deal with the man hitting the ground and splitting his head either. He was about to just tell him to sit down when the sound of another's approach met his ears. 

He looked up with interest to the figure accompanying the sound. This one carried the dragon scent that had caught his attention earlier. Over dressed for their little town, not alone, and knew his drunk. He pushed aside the immediate questions about the demanding nature of interaction between the two. 

"Oh, your friend just seems to have been, enjoying a couple too many drinks." The dragon sheriff motioned to Felipe with one hand. "I was worried he was alone, but it seems my estimation of his situation was incorrect." He admitted, he had been wrong. Though he took the time he was speaking to visually examine the trio. An unfamiliar group... at least one was a dragon. Not too many of those visited Dawnbreak unless they were related to Callian. These certainly were not.

@Garmr

"Yes," Izel said in a guarded tone that really didn't correlate to anything Judas said. Clearly it had just registered to Izel what Judas was and it was still deciding if that was a good thing or not. Izel as a rule didn't spend a great deal of time with it's own kind and the results were always mixed.

"Juan," Izel tilted it's dark head towards the other man who immediately moved forward and wrapped an arm around Felipe's waist. Felipe draped a familiar arm around Juan and smirked uncomfortably at Judas, the expression on his face going from affable to strained. Juan just looked determined and began leading the other man away from the police officer. Felipe said something in Spanish to Juan who merely grunted as Felipe began to giggle like a school boy.

"Take him to the car," Izel continued but the eyes remained on Judas. Whatever Felipe had said caused the smaller dragon to compress it's lips in an irritated expression, "Again, you have my apologies. Felipe had wandered and Juan did not notice until he made it down the street."

@Kelor

Judas made no attempt to hide his studying of the two males. Twins he presumed, but interesting none the less. These visitors could be easy to handle, true intentioned, or they could be trouble. More so than just a drunk who had a little too much. Those he dealt with more regularly than he would like. A dragon who seemed to not realize they had left the city, based on their manner of dress, was another story. He had no doubt that they had figured out just what he was too.

"No harm was done, thankfully. The young ones can get a bit slippery after a few drinks. Apologies are not necessary. I am just relieved that he is not alone." With a practiced smile and attempt at a lighthearted dismissal of the public intoxication he hoped to put things at ease. "Given his state, I assume that you all have been enjoying the local ammenities. Our little town has been treating you acceptably?" He asked. There were a couple of locals he knew of who wished the town didn't get so many visitors.

@Garmr

Izel noticed the other dragon's scrutiny of Juan and Felipe and it struggled not to let the jealousy register upon it's face. This was not a place to begin posturing over territory though Izel considered both men part of it's horde. "No," Izel said in a cool tone, "He is never alone."

In response to his question Izel raised it's slender shoulders in a careless shrug. "There is the staring but we are used to that," a small, delicate hand encased in gloves reached up to touch against the fur at the collar of the coat, "I like bright colors and pretty things, dirty looks are a small price to pay for wearing what I like. Don't you agree officer?" Izel of course knew it was not just the clothing that caused people to stare but why draw attention to things it wasn't needed.

@Kelor

Judas dared not question out loud the relationship between the three. It wasn't his business, now that they were no longer being trouble. The drunk was cared for and no longer his problem. At least, in this moment. There was a hint of tension on the subject of the male.

"Mm, as much as staring is rude I would agree. It is small." He gave a concise nod, although second looks were somewhat understandable in this case, as the dragon obviously had no care about standing out like they did. He didn't mind that part at least. But he knew the wolves would smell dragon, they'd know. "You do have a unique style for around here... which makes me wonder, what brings you to our little corner?" Judas questioned with a curious tilt of his head. Had this been a human he likely would have wished her a good stay and departed by now. When it was one of his own kind, well, he wasn't willing to depart without some hint of their intention. He was an even tempered individual but he had things to protect. A town, a family, home. Judas was still a dragon. A possessive and protective one.

@Garmr

Izel's lips curled in a little smile at the word 'unique' because the dragon very much doubted that the comment was about the cloths. The question caused Izel to turn it's head revealing beautiful copper-gold drops hanging from its ears to catch the light and look about the surroundings, "Research."

"Ah," Izel continued and realization dawned upon it's expressive features. Honey-brown eyes looked back at the officer, "I have been rude." A tiny hand encased in suede gloves came out, "Izel... I write books." Unlike with Ms. Selvaggio-Redford, Izel wasn't about to tell the other dragon that it wrote smutty novels for sex-deprived humans. Nor was Izel going to tell this dragon that it intended to use his quaint little town as a backdrop for said smutty novels.

@Kelor

Research? Judas' icey gaze studied the individual in front of him. He was relieved for the clarification before he had to ask. A writer. He supposed small towns had a certain allure in fictional works. Even if the idea of his little town being one of those wasn't exactly pleasing to him. Hopefully it was just in concept research, he hadn't heard of any Izel either. The sheriff glanced to the offered hand before he reached his much bulkier hand to give a concise handshake.

"Judas Callian," The dragon spoke as he released the hand. "Welcome to our little town, I hope that it provides ample inspiration for your writing. " He kept a pleasant smile as he retreated his hand to cross over his chest once more. He hadn't heard of her, and therefore hadn't heard of her work. It wasn't surprising though, he was more into the classics and informational reading when he got the chance. Picky with his entertainment given how little time he got purely devoted to it. "Myself, I am the sheriff here. Does not provide much time for reading, so I apologize that I am unfamiliar with your work."

@Garmr

"Judas," the smaller dragon repeated the name but there was a Spanish flavor to the way Izel said it that made it sound exotic, "I hope so as well. My publisher is impatient and wants me to have a concept before the end of the year." Izel looked at Judas with a considering glance, perhaps a story with a police officer with a gruff exterior but a soft heat? Humans were so gullible for such sentiment, it just might work. Izel made a mental note.

A laugh escaped Izel at the mention of Judas never hearing of it's work and it waved the tiny hand in a dismissive gesture. "Do not apologize. My work is mostly for niche audiences and the only things published under my name are my academic works. Dóctor Coaxoch, do not try to pronounce it, Izel is fine." Izel had picked up a PhD from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in MesoAmerican studies in the 1970s and 80s in order to set the record straight on a number of historic oversights that had collected about the Aztecs over the centuries. Izel had loved its people, still did, and no stupid, white human academic was going to sully their names with his verbose prattle. 

@Kelor

Judas gave a shake of his head at that. "Deadlines. How do those work with creativity?" The older dragon asked despite knowing that the pressure could often dampen the creative process. He had heard it from Niko plenty of times, and felt in some form himself. Not that they had publishers to deal with or books to write. But each had done their own phases as artists in their lives, of varying degrees of success. He wasn't sure what inspiration Dawnbreak would provide for her. She was looking at him in an oddly studying manner, but he dismissed it as his own paranoia. 

The officer instead allowed himself to chuckle at the name. He likely could have figured it out, but he gave a nod to her request. "Well, it is good to meet you Izel. Might I ask what your academic subject of choice is?" He asked curiously. Her mention of "niche audiences" said that he was likely not within that group. Academics sounded more like his type. "Perhaps it is a subject I have not yet thoroughly looked into." There was always more to learn.

@Garmr

"Meso-American studies," Izel intoned in a solemn voice that would have done credit to any serious academic, "Specifically the history of the Tenocha, commonly known as the Aztecs." Izel raised it's shoulders in the briefest of shrugs as if the fact that he hadn't read it's academic works either was of little consequence, Izel had long learned that hanging ones personal value on ones written work only lead to disappointment.

"If you are interested I can see if a translated copy of my recent article in Revista de historia mesoamericana is available." If the man was truly interested then far be it from Izel to stand in the way of enlightenment. "I can have it sent to you."

@Kelor

"Aah. I see," Judas nodded with even some genuine interest. It certainly placed the accent for him, and the name. Not that he had any intentions of asking about such trivial pieces of information, but the information began to somewhat pull together. The elder dragon gave the slightest of shrugs. "A subject my studies have only began to touch on, I would certainly check it out, there is no such thing as too much knowledge." Of course, studying up on any subject at the moment wasn't exactly his priority, but many times it had provided the seclusion and mental activity to distract him from the outside at least momentarily. Collecting more material wouldn't hurt him in the least bit. 

"I would assume that your fiction is a very different subject." He commented, else she would have mentioned the connection.

@Garmr

"It is," Izel agreed but clearly had no intention to expand on the subject. Izel had only know this Judas Callian a few minutes but he was, oddly, very easy to read. The young dragon doubted that Callian had picked up a romance novel, let alone the more graphic variety that Izel wrote, a day in his long life.

Turning it's dark head Izel glanced over it's shoulder in the direction that Felipe and Juan had gone then looked back at Judas, "Is there anything else I can do for you officer? I would like to get Felipe home where he can rest."

@Kelor