Dawnbreak
Alienist

Wet the Appetite

Neon lights dazzled as they replaced the pitch black of night, garish and vibrant in their pink-cyan-violet blinking. With retinas tenfold as sensitive as those of a human, Cesare took a moment to adjust, still unused to the flashy technology of humanity's modern age; behind him, Claude winced, making a small noise of protest in the back of his throat. The strobe lighting might burn their eyes, but it was no sunlight. "Don't be such an infant, Antinous," Cesare said in that low, musical way of his, an affectation he'd held so long no one still living knew if it was natural or otherwise.

"But it's positively obscene."

"It's supposed to be that way. Overloads the senses." Leaning back, Cesare gripped tight onto his lover's shoulder and murmured in his ear, "Relax, for once, and you might even learn to enjoy it."

Scowling, Claude fell into a wordless sulk and squinted about at the occupants with marked skepticism. Most of the bodies present were dancing, clusters dotted about here and there nursing drinks and watching the gyration of hips, thighs, sweating necks and flashes of teeth. Cesare couldn't tell if the sight made him horny, or if it was the thirst that stirred in him. He didn't really care, the difference between the two having long since blurred and disintegrated with the centuries.

"Come. We've someone to find."

"I still don't see why we need her," Claude muttered bitterly, following all the same as Cesare shouldered his way through those loitering by the entrance, caught between dashing in and out for a smoke. "We've been just fine on our own."

"And that is why you are still little more than a Childe, Antinous. Aramis didn't hire us just for us; we're expected to be his presence in the shadows of this city, and so we shall be."

"I don't see why we need him, either. He's not even that attractive."

"If you could see what was coming, dear boy, you wouldn't be so foolish as to say such things. But, I suppose that is part of your charm. Now hush, and do try and spot her. I've been told she'll be here tonight for certain, and there's no better place to approach her."

"Because she'll be half bloody blind by the time we find her?"

"No, fool, because she'll be drunk. Or at the very least, well-fed. A satiated vampire is a happy one, and much more likely to hear us out."

Morrigan

As with many horny vampires high on wolf blood and feeling sexy, she was out dancing in a circle of women. She had no real rhyme or reason to her comings and goings and that was because she was old as dirt and equally as powerful.

At the moment she was sidled up with her pretty blonde companion Evelyn dancing to the loud and gyrating music.

By the time the men would find her she would still in the middle of her group of probably not old enough to actually be in the club girls.

Alienist

It was Claude who spotted her first, wrinkling up his nose in utter disgust. "Isn't that her over there, rubbing herself up on those teenagers like a dog?" He pointed out, looking as if he were watching someone take a shit on his favorite bed-sheets. Cesare followed his gaze.

"Ah— yes, I believe it is."

"Revolting," Claude concluded with a visceral shiver.

"Maybe don't say that where she can hear you, yes? Let's just hope the music covered that blunder at least."

"I didn't realise we were going to have to watch her try to copulate with women, in public."

"Need I remind you that—"

"Oh, I think she saw us."

Regardless of whether or not Claude was saying such things to spare himself embarrassment, Cesare took the opportunity to enter the dancing masses, making his way through the strobe-lit dance-floor to Elizabeth. "Miss Bathory?" He yelled over the music when they were close enough to stand a chance of being heard. "Might we speak with you a moment?" Behind him, Claude was looking mortally wounded by the fact that one of the female vampire's companions had started grinding on him.

Morrigan

"Names Liz, not Miss Bathory besides you're pronouncing it wrong," she advised him but didn't even look up to him. "Plus you don't have to yell. Looks like you're friend doesn't like me much," she smirked looking up from her ward and slowing her dance as she nipped at Evelyn's neck. "I don't buy anything so if you're selling," she said. "You should probably move along."

She tilted over to look at his friend. "Hi Patricia. You should lighten up she tastes as sweet as she smells," she said to him obviously uncaring to social standards.

Alienist

Dropping the register of his voice, Cesare continued, "Apologies; Liz it is." He watched with definite interest as Liz and the blonde danced, how she bit at her neck, the pink flush that followed. He was not one typically inclined towards women, but that did not mean he could not appreciate the art of a seduction well-played. "Sorry to interrupt whilst you're busy with your friends. And don't mind Claude; He was like that as a human as well."

Behind them, Claude was looking like he'd seen a ghost. "Get off of me," he hissed, shoving the sweet-smelling Patricia off of him, forgetting his own supernatural strength so that she went stumbling several paces into the crowd, causing something of a stir. Huffing, he righted himself and smoothed his clothes out, before glowering at the woman they'd come here to see. "No, I don't like you– I didn't even want to come to this horrid place."

"Antin–"

"From what I've heard, you're a murderous little slut who belongs better in a loony bin than anywhere near civilised folk."

Despite being undead and all, Claude was still breathing heavily, flushed in the face, and generally looking rather flustered. Beside him, Cesare was regarding him with a quiet disposition of total calm. "Are you quite finished?" He asked quietly. Blustering, Claude looked set to rabbit on plenty more, but for once had the self-awareness to think better of it.

"I suppose so," he sniffed, giving any woman who so much as came within a few inches of him a death glare.

Turning to face Elizabeth, Cesare seemed remarkably unruffled, especially in comparison to his hot-faced companion. "Now that Antinous is done charming you, do you think we could step away from the grinding a moment? I'd rather he didn't cause a ruckus with some poor unsuspecting female."

Morrigan

Elizabeth didn't seem to ever stop smiling and her eyes glistened with that impish glow of mischief as she seemed to hone in on the male vampires discontent. It was something she flourished with It meant he had a lot of buttons and Liz was about to press as many of them as she could to really get a rise out of him.

As she was requested off the dance floor she shook her head. "Serial Killer slut as I am," she gave a fake pout, "I don't like a man that can't hold himself together in the presence of a lady," she glanced to the girl that had been grinding on him and nodded her head to come over to her. "See, you fuck with my bitches and you're fucking with me," the grin returned to her face. "You should apologize and then I'll think about whatever the fuck he said," she tilted her head to Cesare.

Alienist

Sighing as he realised just what a mistake bringing Claude had been, Cesare groaned internally as Claude spluttered in outrage. "There is no such thing as holding yourself together when some bitch tries to hump your leg," Claude spat back. "Where I'm from, she'd be shot for even–"

"Where you're from, you'd be shot for a hundred more reasons." Cesare looked to Elizabeth. "Can I apologise on his behalf? I'm very experienced at it."

Morrigan

"Ahhh, you're sweet," she said condescendingly. "He disrespected her, he has to apologize. Vampires that can't get on with the times. I mean I was locked in a tower set to die because I just happened to kill a few of the wrong peoples daughter," she clicked her tongue. She turned to the sandy blonde girl and pulled her in for a rather sloppy looking kiss before she settled with Evelyn in one arm and the girl in the other. "I think we're done here. You should lighten up Qiana," she indicated to Claude. "You have so many years to live and you seem so boring. Dozens of lives and all you've done with them is grow bitter," she grabbed Evelyn's ass which made her blush and giggle leaning in closer to Elizabeth herself. "Why are all vampires so dead inside?"

Elizabeth made a move to turn away from them both.

Alienist

"Boring?" Claude repeated, showing no moves to apologise, rather only further argue. "Boring. I'll let you know–"

"Nonetheless, I apologise for him," Cesare said, moving around as she turned to keep before her. "But I am not trying to sell you Antinous. In fact, I am not trying to sell you anything. Let me buy you a drink, at least. As compensation for the insult."

Muttering behind them, Claude looked set to grumble further, but before he could do so Cesare turned on him. "Go fetch us something, darling. What's your poison, Miss- Liz?"

"May I recommend actual poison?" Claude offered sourly, having gone rather pale at the wet kiss she and her friend had shared.

Morrigan

"He'd mouth off even if you were a god on earth," Cesare said with blase apathy, shooing Claude off to just go and get them something, preferably blood. The younger was at first reticent to give up ground, but a careful look was enough to get him storming off, barging through the dancing crowd, several of whom had slowed to watch the exchange.

Cesare watched him go, turning back once he was out of sight. "Now that we're alone, might we speak?"

Morrigan

"Don't know if you've noticed but you've been speaking this whole time and all I've heard was 'blah blah blah, I'm a dirty tramp' so unless it's something actually important and not defending your boring boy toy just say something. I'm bored already and have two gorgeously hot women that I want to eat," which type of eating she meant was up for debate but the innuendo was strong with this one.

Alienist

"Oh, don't feel you need to refrain from eating them on my behalf. Go right ahead." With Claude out of the way, Cesare was back to being disaffectedly calm. "I wouldn't have bothered you here, only you're a hard woman to track down. Hopefully less so if you agree with what I'm 'selling'. Try not to jump for joy given how much you clearly think the best of us, but I'd like you to consider forming a nest with me. You're one of the most infamous vampires around here; if you joined, others would follow quickly."

Morrigan

"Oh I don't know about that. Nests can have other advantages. Especially when you're in a leading position." Glancing back to check Claude was safely still out and away, Cesare eyed the human females swarming Elizabeth. "Though you don't seem to have a problem with power as it is. Claude would really love you to join, will that sell it?" His smirk sobering, Cesare spoke more quietly, "That and I don't think a little protection would go amiss about these parts soon."

Morrigan

"And I'm sure you'd much rather he were Claudia. At the very least, neither of us will be competition for you with these lovely specimens," he said, gesturing to the blonde and her sultry mirrors. "As blacklisted night terrors in a city that loathes us, sticking together has its uses, which is what I'm bringing on my end; Connections elsewhere help me on that end, and could help you too. Useful when you want to be less than subtle."

Morrigan

Elizabeth looked to where Claude had walked away from them and shook her head. "Nah... he doesn't strike me as hot with tits," she frowned thoughtfully. "And strength in numbers is a weak vamps game. I've been alive long enough I can take down just about anything," she said with a smirk knowing full well that was likely why they were standing at odds. "You know why I survived and my uncle didn't?"

Alienist

"Now who's the one with vampiric arrogance?" Cesare teased lightly, only half-serious, still bemused by the image of Claude with breasts. "You're a spring flower in comparison to some. Though I am curious; why am I working with you and not this Vlad Antinous would so love?"

Morrigan

"Revenge," she said simply. "He wished ill on all who did him wrong like some pathetic little hurt child. The world is filled with these children now. The Transgenerics that blame god for their gender preference and the Emo goths that blame the world for their existence and the my daddy spanked me so I'm forever hurt sorts. It's quite sad really. But when I had to give up my first born, and my first love was killed and I was married off to Ferenc of all people I had just as much reason to fall into those tactics and desires but a woman came to me and offered me something I couldn't deny and still love," she explained.

"Hubris comes with a price and I've paid mine. When the reckoning comes so will my sire and blood will rain from the skies."

Alienist

Cesare listened to her rant in silence. "You tell it much better than the history books, who tend not to favor you so kindly. I confess, when I first heard you were here, I assumed your name was a moniker. A pleasure to meet you in the flesh— though now calling you Liz really does feel strange." He was inclined to question her further on just what was fact and what was fiction in the recorded history of not only her own tale, but that of her uncle also. However, he got the strong impression she'd once again say she was 'bored' and tell him to buzz off so that she might eat. So instead, he responded to her later comment. "Well I don't know about a reckoning in quite such a biblical sense, but then I'm hardly a man of God. From what you've said and what I've heard of you though, you've plenty of reason to be bitter. I won't force you into a nest you've no desire to be in. If partying with the humanity you seem to think is such a rut of whining infants is how you wish to spend your time, who am I to judge you when I spend my time with a two-hundred year old spoiled brat? But, if you do change your mind, I should be easy enough to find. For once, I've no need to hide in shadows. One last thing: can you tell me where I might find a one Violet Selvaggio? I hope I'm pronouncing that right, at least, given its from my mother tongue."

Morrigan

Making no comment at the choice of reference, Cesare merely pursed his lips and arched an eyebrow, nodding in thanks for the information. Giving the woman-draped vampire a small wave as he departed, he headed off in the direction of 'the back'. To the far right, he spotted Claude already caught up bickering with two well-built individuals at the bar; he left him to it, having learned his lesson from the encounter with one woman already. Going to a spot farther down, he waited for the bartender's attention. "I've been told to ask you for directions to a 'gingerbread house'? I'm looking for Miss Selvaggio."

Following the answering directions, Cesare made his way out from the dancing masses to where things were quieter, less flooded by neon. Aramis had already provided him with a photograph of the lilin he sought, and so when he spotted a blonde head, a quick glance was enough to confirm the owner as she who owned the club.

"Miss Selvaggio?" Cesare said, approaching her whilst keeping his distance. Not many supernaturals could make him fearful for his life, but a lilin - especially one of her reputation - was one of the exceptions. "I believe Aramis informed you I'd be coming? Cesare Ligeti. I'm presently working for Mr. Phélypeaux."

Morrigan

While fearsome creatures Lilin were the pacifists of the world. They just tried to get by without getting noticed. Not always the easiest. "And what does Aramis want from me now?" she asked as she turned around a coll demeanor from her, an army of puppets behind her. "I apologize to be so abrupt but Aramis and I have never been exactly the best of friends."

Alienist

"Shocking, and I thought he seemed so likable," Cesare said with dry satire, glancing to the swarm of loyal followers behind her. "He was actually hoping to make a little alliance with you this time, though. He has intentions of going into the blood trade; he thought things might go smoother if he had an experienced hand on board. You'd get a fair share of the profits, have his financial backing to expand. Not a proposal he wanted to extend via say an email, you understand."

Morrigan