Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
Sunny

writing tragedies

Mel wasn't entirely sure why she'd come to this place... Of all the places she could have gone to, Ravenmore was probably the least likely. She wasn't huge on reading, but she'd wanted somewhere low-key to meet Laurel and Katherine. Who would suspect the blonde she-wolf meeting up with the two darker haired women at a bookstore of all places? After her shift had ended at the restaurant, she jogged to the bookstore and let herself in, waving in the direction of the camera. It was a safe place that was owned by another member of the Savage River pack, Judith Hopps. She texted both Laurel and Katherine to let them know she'd be tucked away in an alcove. It was one of the quieter corners of the bookstore that didn't have mopey teenagers milling about.

Rue Brenda

Laurie was exhausted by the time she'd gotten off her graveyard shift and had wanted nothing more than to sleep. For a time, that's what she'd done. She'd slept until her alarm went off then she'd hit snooze and slept another five or ten minutes before dragging herself out of bed. She wasn't thrilled to be meeting Mel, but she knew the older woman would probably crucify her if she flaked. Grumbling under her breath, she got Katherine and urged her sister to get ready. "Hurry up." She said quietly, prodding her sister.

After she'd successfully managed to usher her sister out the door, she fell into step alongside Katherine. Laurel had been tasked with babysitting Katherine whenever Katja wasn't around. It wasn't that Katja didn't trust Katherine... Okay, yeah, no... That wasn't true at all. Katja definitely didn't trust Katherine, which sucked because, ultimately, it meant more work for Laurie. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, tugging her phone from her pocket when she felt it vibrate. She read the text out loud to Katherine before sending a reply that simply contained an okay hand emoji. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail, just as they entered the bookstore, and sought out Mel.

Brenda Sunny

Katherine had quieted down quite a bit since her arrest and subsequent time spent with Katja. She sighed quietly and walked next to her sister, tugging on her sister's shirt silently when she saw blonde hair in one of the darkened corners. Using her free hand, she lifted it and waved with what appeared to be a Chesire grin. "Oi, Mel!" Katherine called out, trying to keep relatively quiet. "You look like a serial killer, sitting here all by yourself in the dark..." She quipped, finally, with a smirk.

Sunny Rue

"Yeah?" Mel challenged, raising to her full height, which was equal to Laurel's. "Maybe you'll be my first victim." She purred, advancing slowly and attempting to look menacing but probably failing miserably in that particular department. "Anyways, there's a reason I called you goons here, so pop a squat and let me do the talking." Regardless of whether or not they were the alpha's grandchildren, they still had to follow seniority and she definitely held some measure of rank in that department.

Rue Brenda

Laurel promptly took a seat, crossing one leg neatly over the other. "See, I would be afraid, but..." She shrugged her shoulders slightly and smiled impishly. "Katherine's the only one that has real cause for fear." She tilted her head and looked over at her charge, whom she'd shared a few months in the womb with. Katherine, of course, had her identical twin sister and then there was Laurel, the odd woman out... The third wheel, if you'd be so inclined. Regardless, she never dwelled on such things.

Brenda Sunny

She watched the pair for a few moments and grudgingly followed her sister's lead by sitting down, not wanting to start anything where there didn't have to be anything. A thoughtful expression took over her soft features. "So, get to talking, then." It was less of an impatient command and more of a, "hurry up, so we can get the hell out of this place." It wasn't that she didn't like bookstores. She just didn't like this particular place's aesthetic. Maybe she could talk Judith into changing things up a bit but knowing that particular wolf, she would probably look for reasons to keep the place just as she'd gotten it.

Sunny Rue

She rubbed her hands together like the very evil genius that she most certainly was not. "Okay, so listen up, you whelps..." She trailed off with a twinkle in her eyes. "There's somebody I want to prank, but... He can't see it coming." If he saw it coming, they'd probably get their asses reamed. "I was hoping we could recruit the help of either your grandmother, your father or your cousin, Emily." She'd include Joey in that rather exhaustive list but knowing him, he'd tattle the first chance he got and that would be very counterproductive.

Rue Brenda

Laurel thought for a few moments, sighing, as she stretched her arms above her head. "Dad's out... He's too busy, boning the vet. As for grandma, I doubt she'd help... Strict code of conduct and all that." She contemplated their other options or reasons why Emily wouldn't be the right choice at all. "I don't think Emily would help, either... Why not Harper and Ana?" She couldn't help but wonder if the troublesome pair would be too obvious. They were infamous troublemakers, after all.

Brenda Sunny

She shook her head and sighed. "The more obvious question, here, is who are you intending to prank? If my ass is going to be on the line, it'd better be for damned good reason." She mumbled the words, not entirely sure she wanted to be fiddle-fucking around with this. "Why not Joey? He's the least obvious choice, and we could probably trick him into helping us without even letting him realize fully what it is he's doing or who it is he's pranking." She suggested, providing a contradictory argument.

Sunny Rue

Mel grinned a bit, glad she'd gotten their input on some matters. This would be tricky, but not impossible. "Our target is the alpha. It's harmless fun, but I figured why not...?" As she spoke, her voice dropped low enough that only the two wolves who sat near to her could hear her. She didn't need Judy to rat on them... Not that she would but one could never quite tell with redheads. She eyed Katherine for a few moments and shrugged. "I'll see if I can get close to him, then, considering you and your sisters are still on probation for being so shitty."

Rue Brenda

Laurel sighed and shook her head. "If that's all, I've got to take Katherine to community service." She mumbled, slowly moving to stand as she motioned for Katherine to do the same. "Let's go before grandpa puts us on something worse than probation." She started walkling then, pondering whether or not she should help Mel. "Hurry up; you don't want to be late." She said quietly, casting a glance over her shoulder.

Brenda

Katherine shot up and followed her sister, giving a half-hearted wave to Mel. "See you later! Let us know how things go with Joey, okay?" She didn't want someone else to make any sort of impression on Joey but in this case, she supposed she didn't much have a choice. It kind of sucked, actually, and it was mostly her own doing. Now that her mom was dead and gone, she couldn't continue to blame the woman. She'd had a choice to make, and she'd made it.

-- THREAD END --