Dawnbreak
Izel Coaxoch

Lets go buy some shoes

The dark sedan pulled smoothly in front of the shopping center just as the late afternoon sun began to cast long shadows across the pavement. From the drivers seat a man in a smart-looking dark suit emerged and walked quickly to the back passenger side door. The door opened and a petite figure garbed in cream Armani stepped out with the soft click of little heels on asphalt. The man stiffened but stared straight ahead.

Izel was feeling particularly feminine today with it's dark hair in a plait that fell to the middle of it's back decorated with strategically placed gold beads. Gold hooped earrings, an expensive gold watch, and a cream and gold clutch completed the ensemble as Izel stepped from the street up onto the sidewalk and plucked large Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses from it's mocha hued face. A few more steps were taken towards a large window display before the dragon stopped and turned to look back at the car as if in an afterthought. "Well?" Izel asked with a slight Spanish accent.

Another man emerged from the car also smartly dressed but there was something unrefined in his manner that detracted from the suit. He jogged rather than walked and looked at Izel with an anticipatory look, like a puppy awaiting a treat. Izel ignored the look and turned eyes the color of warm chocolate at the driver, "I'll call you when I'm ready."  Izel then began walking towards the entrance of the store, "Come, Felipe."

The driver closed the passenger door and returned to the drivers seat, pulling away to go seek parking. Felipe watched the driver go and then, realizing his master was walking away without him, began to trot after the diminutive figure. His enthusiasm nearly caused him to run into Izel when the dragon came to an abrupt halt. Izel's greedy eyes raked over the figure before it and settled upon the woman's shoes. "Nice," it said with a slight lift of the corner of it's mouth, "Gucci?"

"Valentino," Violet responded with a smile at the woman's taste. She was wearing a bright red designer dress herself with a black coat to keep warm. She was heading into a store to get more clothes and to feed off of the greed of trophy wives. She enjoyed stores like this for the abundance of food. She especially loved the way the woman looked in front of her.

"I love everything there," she indicated to her entire ensemble. "Is that your pet?"

@Garmr

Izel's eyes remained on the shoes a moment seemingly in greedy thought. However, the moment was lost as soon as the dragon received a compliment and there was a flush of smug pleasure that vibrated off the Izel like the hum of a live wire. The eyes flicked back up to the woman's face and lips parted in a smile revealing a flash of stunningly white teeth.  "Italian," as if that explained everything.

Dark brows knitted together in a puzzled expression at the word 'pet' and Izel turned it's head to look at Felipe who was trying to act inconspicuous while only coming off as anxious. Izel made a dismissive tch sound with it's tongue against it's teeth and then looked at the woman again, as if the man held little consequence beyond a minor annoyance. The dragon offered a delicate hand but had it arched upward as if more accustomed to having it kissed than shook, "He is my porter. Izel, and you are?"

@Morrigan

Violet glanced to the woman's hand. There were niceties and then there were expectations from the elite. Violet bowed to no one and she had no reason and no intention to kiss rings. While she could have corrected the woman's behavior she chose to not acknowledge it had been offered. "Mrs Selvaggio-Redford," she responded to the woman. The name itself, with most people, rang familiarity because of her club. She was known in nearly every circle from upper to lower classes for one thing or another. What was true was up for debate.

"Going in to buy new shoes? I heard they just got a shipment from Italy. Maybe they'll have something new for you," she said as she moved to head into the store finally. She looked to ne of her two body guards. They were both big shouldered Russian brute looking men. "Thanks Goyle," she said as she stepped inside.

@Garmr

Izel's eyes watched the woman's face as she stared at the dragon's hand and there was a hint of amusement. Most people simply would take the hand in an awkward overhand shake, which is what Izel had expected the woman to do. Interesting.

The name rang familiar in Izel's mind. Izel hadn't dwelled in Corinth for long but Selvaggio-Redford was a name in many people's mouths, for good an for ill, but what the dragon found interesting was that while Izel had given a first name Selvaggio-Redford had not. In Izel's experience people chose their words for inner reasons, sometimes not even known to themselves, Ms. Selvaggio-Redford obviously wanted Izel to know -exactly- who she is.

"We shall see," the dragon said with non-committally, "If something sings to me." Dark eyes slid to the two bulky men with the slightest lift of an eyebrow. Were things so dangerous that bodyguards were a requirement or was Ms. Selvaggio-Redford making a statement? Izel resolved to find out as it followed the woman into the store.  The dragon came up beside Ms. Selvaggio-Redford as Felipe warily squeezed by the two brutes and entered the store looking a bit flustered.

"Still," the dragon continued, "One must find something to please the eye until the spring collections come out. Don't you think?"

@Morrigan

“Always,” she agreed. Although her husband didn’t care for her desire to be fashionably relevant. She did most of her fashion for show however she did enjoy a new pair of high heels. Fashion as a whole had lost a lot of its excitement after a while however it was a needed facade to please those she fed on and this Dragon was a prime example of that. 

“I prefer the previews,” she admitted. 

@Garmr

Izel favored the woman with a small but understanding smile and a nod. Anything that the dragon might have said was interrupted by the approach of sales people sensing money and inquiring if they could be helped. Izel looked at them with a satisfied expression and once again there was this sense of smug pleasure, the dragon enjoyed being catered to in a way that went well beyond entitlement.

"After you," Izel said looking over at Ms. Selvaggio-Redford and gesturing to the sales person with a benevolent wave of the hand. 

@Morrigan

"I'll let you know if I need help," the woman said indicating that the sales person could help Izel as she moved slowly around the current table she was in front of over toward the hand bags. She hummed as she picked one up and looked it over. "How long have you lived in Corinth Izel? Not sure I've seen you at any of the parties I go to."

@Garmr

The sale person looked at Izel hopefully but the dragon seemed indifferent and said in a dismissive tone, "Heels, Italian, size 7." The sales person started to open their mouth to ask what brand Izel wanted and the dragon leveled a look upon the human as if she were stupid, the sales person immediately headed off in the direction of the shoes in a mild panic. Izel took up residence on a seat near the handbag display.

"Only a few weeks," the dragon sounded both bored and wistful, "I am looking for inspiration for my next book and my publisher is hoping a change of scenery will help. So far, no luck."

@Morrigan

"Perhaps," Izel said in a non-committal tone, lifting the slender shoulders in a shrug, "I write in a few genres but it is my erotic novellas that sell best, my publisher wants me to continue my Black Scale series."

Violet glanced to the woman with an amused smirk on her face. "Interesting," she said to the woman as the Sales person returned a little shaky and knelt down to help the woman on with the shoes. "I don't think I've ever read them," she was assuming that it had something to do with the fact that she was a dragon but she didn't say it aloud as Dragon's were actively hunted for their blood. "Perhaps I'll download one to see if you're any good at it."

@Garmr

Izel accepted the first offered box by the sales person and opened it, raking one assessing glance over the shoes within Izel set the box aside with a shake of it's head before accepting another. "Some think so," the dragon said absently and then looked over at Ms. Selvaggio-Redford with a speculatory glance, "I am not certain it would be your cup of tea. It is... how they say... very Fifty Shades."

@Morrigan

Izel seemed to consider the other woman very seriously for a moment and then the dragon lowered it's eyes, appearing to concede the point though doubt lingered within the muted emotions. Reaching for another box Izel drew out the strappy heel in a pale pink satin embellished with glittering crystals and the mocha hued countenance lit with delight.

In swift movements that came of years of trying on shoes Izel put on the footwear and walked around a bit, looking over each shoulder to view the shoes from different angles. Izel looked back over at Ms. Selvaggio-Redford, "What do you think?"

Violet didn't care what the other woman thought of her. She could seem a prude until the cows came home. She had had more husbands and lovers than most. Her current spouse she had had for ten years and they still were as wild as they had met. "I think they look good on you," she said offering a beautiful dress. "They'd go great with this," she said feeding on the woman's greed and need to impress.

@Garmr

Izel looked up from the shoes and considered the dress thoughtfully. Slender brown fingers reached out to take hold of the fabric and the dragon sampled the texture before carefully taking the garment from Ms. Selvaggio-Redford's hands. The dragon held the garment up against its slender body and looked down on it as if pondering how it would look without the armani pantsuit underneath. "It is very lovely," the dragon purred, the spanish accent deepening, "A bit revealing for the cold weather here, no?"

@Morrigan

"Nothing a good coat couldn't fix," Violet advised with a smile. "Besides, the reveal is half of the fun," she said. "Walking into a place like Vive Beatus and pulling off the coat to reveal the dress," she explained. "All eyes would be on you."

@DragonBlue

Desire, thick and sweet as homemade sin, flooded the Dragon's emotions. Izel's eyes lit and became more gold than brown as it looked at Ms. Selvaggio-Redford and Izel murmured something in a language that wasn't quite Spanish. Breathing deep, Izel closed its eyes a moment and seemed to be reasserting it's control, lest it become obvious to everyone in the store what it was. Yet the pleasure at the idea of being adored... worshiped... hummed beneath the surface.

"Vive Beatus?" Izel inquired in a neutral tone that was the polar opposite of how the Dragon actually felt.

@Morrigan

"A top restaurant in Corinth. Anyone worth anything goes there," also a sanctuary but she didn't need to tell the dragon that. Internally Violet could feel the desire and want to be be adored. "I know the owner," she advised. Dino Lombardi was another Lilin and he often stayed near Violet as she made his life easier.

@Garmr

"Interesting," Izel said in that indifferent voice as the Dragon went back to admiring the dress. Drawing the frock away from it's body it considered a moment and then, with a nod mostly to itself, held out the dress towards Felipe who immediately stepped forward to take it. The dragon returned to where it had been seated and began carefully taking off the sparkling shoes.  Looking at the sale's person Izel said, "Do they come in other colors?" And the sales person immediately made a beeline for the back.

Izel looked back at Ms. Selvaggio-Redford, "I must admit I have been lax in my sight-seeing of Corinth. The first few days I was simply getting used to the chill. But I have been here long enough to hear your name... I am glad for our meet cute"

@Morrigan

Her name was nothing compared to her reputation but she would let the dragon figure that out in her own time. "I guess it may be kismet," Violet said to the woman. "Perhaps you should come by my club sometime. Vitality in downtown Corinth," she advised. "Best club in the city."

@DragonBlue

"Kismet?" Izel's brow furrowed and the expression became more thoughtful, English not being a first language or even a second there was some words that escaped the Dragon. As a writer it adored learning new words and thus the hum of curiosity was almost palpable. Izel smiled a little at the mention of a club but it was Felipe who grew excited about it, "We shall see."

@Morrigan

Izel turned its head to look at Felipe who smiled hopefully at the dragon, looking far younger than his face and suit would suggestion. The dragon lifted an eyebrow and said something in Portuguese to which Felipe responded sounding meek. Izel looked back at Ms. Selvagio-Redford, "I suppose I shall have to find something to wear then."

@Morrigan

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.