Dawnbreak
Lucille  Blink

That's what I'd like, a job on the side.

It had been a long trip to Corinth from New Orleans and Luci wanted nothing more than to find a hotel room and crash. But she had promised her coven that she'd at least check in with Mordira Nemes so that someone could confirm she arrived safe and sound. Luci didn't wonder why the coven had been so concerned, she was used to their insistence that she was made of glass and couldn't handle something as simple and normal as a plane flight. 

Waving goodbye to the Uber driver she reached down and picked up her bags heading towards the door of the Wicca Hour. It was only when she was a few feet short of the door that she saw the closed sign and immediately cursed in a way that her momma would have smacked her for.  Setting down the bags she raised a gloved hand and tapped upon the door, hoping beyond hope that someone was still inside. When after a few moments went by she cupped her hands around her eyes and peered into the shop trying to spy movement.

More cursing and Luci popped a squat down on the front stoop and fished her phone out of her pocket. Gods and goddesses she hoped she had a phone number for Ms. Nemes otherwise she was going to be so screwed.

@Morrigan

Morrigan, tying this into other fun times decided to go with this.

Mordria was returning to the shop after the exhausting afternoon with the Redford's. They were the reason she had to close earlier than normal and she still needed to get her familiar Theo and go home. So when she came close to the door to see the girl sitting in front of it, she tilted her her head curiously.

"Didn't know I was in that high of demand. Mind getting out of my way so I can get into my shop?"

@Garmr

Luci looked up wide eyed at the woman and for a moment was too taken aback to speak. Then, as the words registered in her jet lagged brain she scrambled up, grabbing her bags and shuffled off to the side to clear the way. "Sorry about that," the girl said feeling a slight flush creeping up her neck, "I'm looking for Ms. Mordria Nemes."

@Morrigan

Mordria glances to the girl and gave a smile. “You found her,” she said unlocking the door and stepping inside. Inside of the shop was dark until she stalked across the room and turned on he light expecting the girl to follow her inside. 

The shop itself was filled with plants of all kinds some familiar, many not. The place was a little on the warm side, and humid. “Theo, it’s time to go home,” she called out to get the creature to emerge instead of hunting him down. 

@DragonBlue

Relief blossomed on the girl's face and her lips parted in a mirror of Mordria's smile, "Oh thank the Goddess. When the shop was closed I was really worried." She followed the woman inside and took a moment to enjoy being in a temperature that felt more like home, she started to pluck at the scarf she had wrapped around her neck.

"I'm Lucille... Lucille Blink. Margery Cabot said she had contacted you about my coming up to Corinth. I'm... a little early," she mumbled the last part. Luci had originally been scheduled to arrive the next month but the pressure of her parents attempts to change her mind lead her to book her own flight and take off. 

Mordria smiled and glanced over her shoulder to look the girl over. "A little?" she questioned. "Seems more like a lot," she said with a teasing grin. "She said you'd need a job and I can always use a pair of extra hands around the shop. Not all of my business is front of house," she advised it was a vague way to say that she did some things that weren't legal for witches to do.

"Prometheus Nemes... get your yellow ass out here or else I'm locking you in the shop for the night. I know you're angry I left earlier but it was for a good cause. Now come here," she said refocusing on retrieving her familiar.

@DragonBlue

"It's complicated," Luci said not wanting to go further into the drama that was her overprotective parents, "But yeah, a job would be great." Luci's eyes drifted from Mordria to around the shop to see if she could spot what she assumed was a cat. Both her parents had cats as familiars though she'd heard dogs and sometimes birds worked just as well. Luci herself had yet to find one due to her touch avoidance.

She squatted down to cat level and looked but didn't see the usual glowing eyes. Instead she saw a silhouette of something squat and...well... Luci wasn't entirely sure what it was but she smiled anyway and said warmly, "Hello there Handsome."

@Morrigan

"There you are Theo," she said moving and grabbing the large Iguana and placing him on her shoulders, his tail draped down in front of her. "You're hired then. We open at nine and I'll show you the ropes. We're closing a little early today because I just helped a friend and her step son's wife. Long story but premature birth and she had complications so I'm tired and I'm sure you're tired. Do you have somewhere to stay?"

@DragonBlue

Luci watched the other woman drape the large reptile across her shoulders and tried not to feel jealous. Her brows knitted together in obvious concern as Mordria described the events of the day and was about to ask if both mother and child were okay when the question of her accommodations came up. "I have a hotel reservation," she said carefully, clearly used to having her actions questioned, "And a back up in case that one fell through. I figured I'd look for a place when I knew the town better."

@Morrigan

"Mmm, hotels are expensive. Some stay with me as long as you don't mind plants being everywhere and this guy roaming about," she said. "It'll give you time to save up and get a nice place. Just don't be too messy and you can have the guest bedroom for as long as you need."

@Garmr

Luci's face brightened at the offer and she smiled. "Oh, thank you Ms. Nemes, I'll be tidy... have to be with, well," she raised her gloved hand and wiggled her fingers, "my condition. Did Margery tell you?" Luci knew the answer was likely yes but she hoped that Margery had listened to her request to allow her to tell people in her own time and way but Margery, like her parents, didn't approve of her moving.

@Morrigan

"I'm sure she did darling but Margery is a chatty woman so I tend to only listen to what is truly important and it was mostly that you are coming, you're brilliant. Et cetera," she waved a hand dismissively. Theo gave her a look. "Oh stop looking at me like that," she said to him.

"Come on," she indicated to the girl as she moved toward the door to lock up officially for the day.

@Garmr

"Oh," Luci flushed a bit again and then composed herself. Obediently she started towards the door taking her things with her until she was outside.  Once out in the cold she adjusted her scarf again and tried to think of a way to tell Mordira about her needing to wear gloves that didn't sound completely lame. She hadn't realized how much she'd come to just expect everyone to already be in the know because her parents and the coven leadership wouldn't shut up about her condition."And yes, Margery is chatty. I am a psychometrist and... well.. you don't mind my wearing gloves while I work for you do you?"

@Morrigan

"Not at all," she shook her head as she locked the door and made sure it was secure. "We all have our quirks darling. I love to be surrounded by plants and smoke weed," she said with a smile as she headed for the hybrid she had parked a little ways away. "In fact, I know a witch that if she touches a dead body it wakes up for a few minutes. She thinks its hilarious. Probably a coroner thing," she said with a shrug.

@Garmr

Luci did her best not look shocked at Mordria mentioning openly that she smoked weed. Not that Luci had anything against the practice but it was something that her mother had never approved of.  She followed the other woman towards the car and frowned a bit at the mention of waking the dead, "Is it actually the dead person or some kind of zombie?" Luci had read a little about necromancy even though she knew she'd never have the talent for it. Just one of those things you either had or your didn't.

@Morrigan

"I guess that's all a matter of perspective? I mean its not like they eat brains and kill people. They are exactly who they were when they were alive, save for whatever killed them being disfigurements and they only stay alive for a few minutes," she smirked remembering a particularly rigor mortis corpse that just couldn't seem to move.

@Garmr

Luci appeared to think very hard about this, "If they come back as themselves then does that mean the human spirit exists beyond the body or are we just a set program... software that activates when the hardware of the body is given a little juice?" She realized after she asked the question that she was pretty much interrogating her employer about a power that Mordria herself didn't posses. Luci looked embarrassed, "Sorry. Just, it raises so many questions."

@Morrigan

"I mean there are witches that can see dead people so I assume so. Probably something that just drags the spirit back into the body when it comes to Harlee's power. I know she'd know more but she's a little... peculiar," Mordria chose the word carefully even though it was an understatement. She moved around her car and unlocked it so they could get in and she started it to get the heater going.

@Garmr

Luci moved to the passenger side and carefully put one of her bags into the back seat while the other she carried with her into the passenger seat before setting it on her lap. "I'd like to ask," Luci admitted as she reached for her seat belt, "Not that I'm looking to raise the dead myself but it sounds fascinating."

@Morrigan

"Well, back home there's two kinds of not right," Luci said letting a little bit of her Louisiana accent out, "One you put in the attic and the other you give a bourbon and let sit on the porch. But I suppose if you're raising dead people you might be a little bit of both." Luci let her gaze drift out the windows. "So how long you been living here in Corinth?" 

@Morrigan

"I am an only child," Luci said looking out the window, "but the coven is filled with my momma's family... Margery and she are cousins, so it was like having a big family." Her eyes traveled over buildings and street signs, taking in the way there were going in the event that she would have to navigate it on her own. "Little claustrophobic actually, which is why I moved up here.  But might be nice to hang out with a family that isn't gonna treat me like I'm made of glass."

@Morrigan