Dawnbreak
Lucille  Blink

That's what I'd like, a job on the side.

Mordria laughed. "No they won't. I have 6 brothers," she advised the other woman. "They are wonderful. Half of them are married with kids. When we get together we normally go to Vive Beatus. It's the only place to fit all of us. We cannot seem to fit everyone at one house."

@Garmr

"They sound nice," Luci said trying to picture what having so many siblings would be like, "Are you the youngest?" Something about Mordria said younger despite the fact that she gave an air of authority that typically came from eldest children.

@Morrigan

Luci nodded though she knew that Mordria likely had her eyes on the road rather than on her, middle children were always the hardest to guess. "Are they all in the coven?" she asked knowing that not every family was like hers.

@Morrigan

"Only a few of my brothers are witches and my mom has a family coven that I'm a part of. However I also am a part of the Elder coven in the City. I'm the Matriarch here so I have a lot more responsibility. Not just here in Corinth but our surrounding towns as well."

@DragonBlue

"Wow," Luci said with genuine awe in her voice, "That's... you are really young for a Matriarch." At least that's how it seemed to Luci since the only Matriarchs she had met had been woman well into their fifties and sixties.

@Morrigan

Luci nodded but wasn't entirely sure what to say to that. "I guess I have a lot to learn..." she said tentatively, "other than the psychometry thing and a little bit of wards and herb lore I'm kinda basic."

@Morrigan

Luci met Mordria's eyes with a smile that was filled with optimism, "I'm looking forward to it." She turned to look out the windshield and her eyes traveled over the buildings with glowing lights, "Even if I can't perform the magic myself I like learning about it. "

@Morrigan

"Well.." Luci stopped because it was an old topic that she tired of talking about and then, taking a breath, she started again, "I don't seem to have a lot of power when it comes to magic. Momma thinks its the psychometry, all the input shorts out everything else.  I can't touch people or things without getting so much information my head hurts. I keep sage with me to purify in the event I need to touch something with my bare skin."

@Morrigan

"Oh," Luci said looking down at the dark blue gloves that were on her hands. They where knitted with the special finger pads so that she could use her phone with them on. "That is one thing I like about Corinth," she added absently, "Its so cold here that nobody looks at me funny for wearing the gloves and the scarves."

@Morrigan

Luci looked at Mordria in heavy silence for a moment as if the woman had suggested something impossible. Finally, she managed in a very awed voice, "Really?"

@Morrigan

Mordria nodded. "Of course dear. Whoever made you think otherwise is mistaken. Even with psychometry you can choose when and if you get those visions. Gloves help to start of course but there is no reason you can't lead a normal life," she shook her head as she pulled into a parking garage.

@Garmr

Luci looked down at her hands and her eyes traveled up the long sleeves. Only sparingly did she remember a time where her skin wasn't an enemy and the objects and people of the world landmines of vision she didn't want. "My momma said it was just one of those things, sometimes people get powers they can't control," she said absently then blinked and looked at the parking garage as if she was seeing it for the first time.  "Oh, we're here."

@Morrigan