Dawnbreak
Judas Callian

Party Crashing

He needed something.  A break from the work he had inherited in his new position. Judas was a focused individual. Almost too much at times. His husband continuously reminded him that he worked too much for his health and the health of the family. He had promised that be would make it home tonight to spend some time with the family, but it seemed the world had other plans for him. A noise complaint on his way out of the station was the last thing he had been hoping for. But when the people of South Dawnbreak complained, and Judas was the only one technically available, he had little choice. 

The plan was simple. Find the offending house and disperse the obnoxious party that was keeping the neighbors up. Then he could get back to the family before dinner was over. Hopefully. Maybe. It took only stepping out of the car to realize that he had in fact arrived at the right location. Who the hell had moved in here and thought a wild and loud party would be acceptable. The nerve. The officer walked up the steps to the home, banging a fist against the door despite knowing that nobody there would hear him. A self serving act to say that he had before he tried the door and pushed it open.  Judas made no hesitation to enter the home despite knowing his presence would not be an appreciated one. The uniform meant party crasher in almost all of these situations. Not that he cared what they thought of him, and his patience was thin given a recent lack of sleep and his desire to be at home right now. 

"Hey!" The dragon tried to stop the first person he ran into inside. "Who is responsible for all this nonsense? I need to speak with them." Judas spoke firmly, loud enough to be heard, his arms crossed and the frustration written clear on his face.

@Morrigan

The person was obviously drunk but the person pointed toward the back yard where the pool was. The crowd wasn't particularly thick but the people ranged in age from high school students to adults over 30. It would be a rather odd sight for the officer when he was probably thinking it was a teenage rager party.

When he got to the back deck the music outside would be almost louder than it was inside despite the fact that there were plenty of werewolves in the group. In the center of one group was a familiar face, albeit it a lot older than she was when Judas had last seen her in town for a consultation. A lot wilder looking than the prim and proper woman she had turned into out in LA. Her wild youth tattoos showing through her t-shirt with cut off sleeves.

Laria Love. Or as she was born. Laria Redford.

When the angry cop came closer she grinned larger. "Judas!" she said pulling him in closer. "Someone get Judas a drink," she said spinning a finger around to the people around her and one person went to do as asked. "Its so good to see you."

@Kelor

Judas followed the direction he was given despite not trusting the source fully. He supposed he could ask another outside once he got there. The crowd was not the group of rich little shits he expected, far more varied. He saw some familiar faces, some not so much. Luckily no Callian faces, although it was likely that as soon as he entered any of them ran for the nearest hiding spot. He would have.

Was that? The semi-familiar individual gave the dragon a moment of pause and an inquisitive look. Studying her until he stepped closer. It had to be.

"Laria Redford." His recognition did not hold the same cheer as her tone did. Not that he was upset to see her in general, but the circumstances were too familiar of a time he thought had passed in her life. He cleared his throat with a scowl. "Judas doesn't drink in the job." He reminded in a scolding manner, but it was too late on that subject. Although he did agreeably step closer to her when pulled, it served more a hope that she would be able to hear him.

"It is good to see you Laria, but please tell me you are not responsible for this... nonsense." He nodded in indication of the party in general, clearly unimpressed.

@Morrigan

"Of course I am you ninny. Newly divorced. Absolutely smashed and loving every minute of it," she advised him as the drink came and she handed it to him completely ignoring the "on the job" part that he said. "I felt that I deserved a party and so I'm having one. Don't tell me that the neighbors are complaining. If they are then I'll make sure to turn the music up louder."

@Kelor

Judas let out an exhausted sigh as he took the drink from her, but didn't consider drinking it really. He wasnt here to party or hang out. "I'm sorry for the divorce, but Laria.." he scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Your neighbors are about to lose their heads and I have to ask you to turn it down Laria. And there are minors here, do you want that trouble?"

@Morrigan

Laria grinned to him. "Dawnbreak's noise ordinance doesn't start until ten Judas and regardless of whether this is South Dawnbreak or not they have to follow the same rules dear," she grinned to him. She ignored the minors bit. What she didn't admit couldn't hurt her. She had been a lawyer long enough to know when to answer and when to keep her bloody trap shut. "Come on Judas. Loosen up. Live a little. You look like you've gotten your stick shoved further up your ass since the last time I saw you."

@Kelor

"And you really think I believe that at ten you would just cease the noise on your own?" Judas asked skeptically with a slight roll of his eyes. He didn't believe it at all, and it was close enough. "I am the one who has to listen to their complaints the entire night. For your information, they are exceedingly annoying."

@Morrigan

"I stay within the law Judas. I have to with my job to stay above reproach... so yes you can trust that at ten I'll turn it down," or perhaps turn it up. "And their complaints can't be much more than telling you that an annoying new neighbor is loud. Besides. It can't be more than 5 people. there is so much distance between the houses here the only people that can hear us are right beside us."

@Kelor

The dragon rolled his eyes. He didn't believe it for a second. Not that he ever truly trusted lawyers anyways. "You underestimate how absurdly annoying a single neighbor can make themselves." He scoffed, although he did glance at the drink as if momentarily considering it. If he got any more work related phone calls he might just have to get into all the drinks to maintain some sanity. 

@Morrigan