Dawnbreak
Sign in to follow this  
Logan Black

new beginnings

Despite Joey's protests and not wanting to leave Blitz, Logan had managed to convince the boy to come home with him. It was long overdue, truthfully, and he was sure his sister, Harper, would be glad not to have to play babysitter for three "adults" any more.  He had Rylee with him when he brought Joey home and he had smelled something familiar on her for a short while now. It was the scent of mother's milk and rapidly changing hormones. His dad was going to fucking kill him... Considering he'd been around Rylee, he was surprised his father hadn't already tried to kill him... Or, at least, bury his foot far up Logan's ass. The thought made the corners of his mouth turn up slightly. After parking the truck and getting out, he helped Rylee out of the vehicle and instructed his son to hop out.

Once Joey was out and safely on the ground, he closed the door and locked up his truck. The truck was essentially his baby and he hated that it'd needed to be impounded, even if only briefly. He was just glad to have it back, honestly. He snaked his arm around Rylee's waist and walked with her to the front door. Before he could unlock it, however, it flung open and before him stood his sister, Harper. "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" She crowed and it was then that Logan realized he hadn't really made any effort to see or speak to his sister since that fiasco with Ophelia.

He grimaced slightly. "Does I'm sorry cut it?" He half-joked, head tilting slightly. Harper huffed but much to his relief, she stepped to the side to allow him entry. "Is she the one I keep hearing about?" Harper asked, brow knitting slightly. When would Logan learn not to chase tail?

It wasn't her business either way, she supposed. Joey excitedly ran through the house, bouncing around as he went. "Rylee, do you want anything to drink? Or eat, even?" Logan asked quietly as he made his way past his sister and guided his girlfriend to the couch. Harper recognized the smell, too, and she rolled her eyes. Red and Seth were going to have a field day with this... 

@DragonBlue

Rylee had to supress a bit of a scowl at the way his sister greeted him - seeming to act as though she weren't standing right there. She refrained from speaking up for the moment, though, instead leaning a little further into Logan as they moved deeper into the house. 

She wanted a beer, but that probably wasn't the right answer right about then, "Water is fine," she answered, "or orange juice if you have it." 

She'd been drinking that by the gallon recently, it felt like. 

@Brenda 

Logan only nodded his head, smiling slightly. "Your wish is my command." He hummed, leaving her side long enough to go to the kitchen. He got out two glasses, pouring orange juice in one and water in the other, just in case there was something she didn't like about the orange juice that Harper had chosen to buy. "Red is going to kill you, you fucking moron." Harper hissed in his ear, low enough that not even Joey's keen ears could hope to pick it up. He patted her affectionately on the head but said nothing.

He knew better than anyone that his father was going to kill him. It wasn't like he needed to be told. Still, he held out hope that his father wouldn't be too bothered by it. Maybe he and Seth would both find it funny to a certain degree. "I think you need to take the kids and go somewhere, Harper." He instructed softly, leaving no room for argument. She rolled her eyes and went to round up the kids, doing as he'd instructed.

Still, she couldn't help but be a bitch just a bit longer. "And how long would your royal pain in the ass like me to distract the kids?" She demanded, placing her hand on her hip, as her eyes narrowed. Maybe she'd do herself a favor and drop them off with her mother. "Until I fucking call you." He snapped, thanking his lucky stars he hadn't inherited the full extent of his parents' tempers. If he had, he would've probably slammed his sister into a fucking wall by now... And with that thought bouncing around in his brain and his sister on her way out the door, he brought Rylee the two glasses, offering her the orange juice first.

@DragonBlue