Dawnbreak
Izel Coaxoch

Halloween 2018: The Feathered Lady

Izel stepped out of vitality and immediately felt the cold night up creep up upon exposed skin. The dragon drew the great feathered coat closer to itself but wrinkled it's nose at the sudden discomfort of being cold. Gloves were fetched from a pocket and placed over slender fingers decorated with rings while Izel glanced over at Juan who was also adding clothing to block out the chill.

"I do not think we will stay out long," Izel said in Spanish, "Just something to eat and then home. I do not like this cold." Izel had not spent a great deal of time in the places in the world that were icy, preferring the warm and tropical places that had once been home, but the dragon knew the approach of snow when it saw it. Izel had no intention of being caught in snow fall of any kind, not in these heels.

@Kelor or @DragonBlue

He managed to slip away, although he felt almost a bit guilty for refusing an invitation to dance. But his curiosity had been caught, this other dragon knew a Callian. He wanted to know which one. He could only assume his father, given their similar hair colors, but that conclusion only served to make him more curious. His father wasn't exactly social, and this individual didn't appear to be his normal voluntary social activity. 

Instantly the cold air hit the mans face as he stepped out of the establishment. His face crinkled in displeasure despite the fact that he had lived in this region for years now. That didn't mean he had to like the cold just because it was common. "Its only getting colder." Kristofer muttered, adjusting the scarf around his neck as he looked around for the other dragon. There. He approached quickly as to not miss the chancr, though wasn't thinking about if he would worry her ... companions any. 

"Hey, thanks for the drink." He said quickly as he closed the gap between him and the group. "Is everything alright though? It looked a little heated for a moment back there." He shrugged back to the building.

@Garmr

Juan and Isobel turned to give Kristofer the death eye while Felipe just looked tense. Izel turned to face the newcomer to their party with a stony expression that hid the hurt pride. Bad enough the dragon had been humiliated on the dance floor but to have it brought up again? The pain was fresh and stabbing.

"Everything is fine," Izel said neutrally. "We've decided to go to the street festival and get something to eat before it gets too cold." There was the sense that there was no 'we' in the decision but rather Izel's desire to go. Yet none of the three humans with the dragon said anything, just continued to stare at Kristofer as if they were uncertain if he was friend or foe.

@Kelor

It wasn't exactly the warm welcome to his return that Kristofer had expected. The looks in their eyes were colder than the air itself and he knew he wasn't exactly invited to join them. But when in the past had that prevented him from pushing his way into things? Never, much to his father's displeasure in some moments. But he could at least take a partial hint, and gave an accepting nod to her answer. Poking at her wasn't his purpose out here.

"Well, mind a little extra company? I believe we owe each other a story or two." The white haired dragon gave a little grin. There wasn't much time for a full on meal given the current weather but any little bit could satisfy his curiosity. If, of course, he wasn't left doing all of the talking. 

@Garmr

The fact that Kristofer did not choose to pursue the issue of what happened in the club came as a relief to Izel. The petite dragon seemed to relax a little and the two humans appeared to take cue from the body language. Felipe was the first of the three human's to relax and he smiled at Kristofer now in an affable but perhaps clearly vapid way.

"If you wish," Izel said and motioned for Kristofer to take his place on the right ahead of Felipe and Juan. Isobel was settling in on Izel's left and wrapping her arm around Izel's waist in a way that could have been taken for just two very close friends. Izel returned the favor. Once they began to walk Izel asked, "What story is owed?"

@Kelor

Kristofer managed a somewhat sincere smile to the human in return. It was an odd little posse, but he didn't mind it necessarily. Kris was used to odd. Dealing with oddity on a daily basis was part of his job. Balancing the town and its unique needs. He wasn't sure about following Izel's instruction exactly. Had walking beside her not been a natural placement, he might have even made an effort to not do as she indicated just to make a point.

But it was a natural spot and well Kristofer instead caught up to walk beside her. "Well, I suppose I owed you one for my being alone. But you sti have not told me who you mistook me for. And I must know what other Callian you have met." He insisted. It seemed fair in the moment after all.

@Garmr

"Whom I mistook you for hmm," Izel had learned from Violet that this was the son of the Sheriff met in Dawnbreak, the inspiration for the hero of the book the petite dragon had just released on the market in time for the beginning of the Holiday Season. A book that would eventually become a series about love in a small Alaskan town. While Izel didn't think Kristopher had read the book, he didn't seem the type, Izel judged to approach the topic carefully. "I met the other Callian in Dawnbreak, I was there doing research for a book you see."

@Kelor

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.